WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: WEALTH Investment Associate
Mercer’s Investments business is a leading global provider of investment services. We offer customized guidance at every stage of the investment decision. For more than 40 years, Mercer’s Investments business has provided investment advice and solutions to corporate pension funds and 401(k) plans, foundations, endowments, wealth managers and other institutional investors.
As an Investment Associate, you will use your drive and strong analytical and communication skills to help your team achieve clients’ goals.
To learn more about Mercer’s Wealth business, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Pursuing CFA charter or MBA
- 2-5 years of investment related experience
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Critically analyze different investment markets, managers’ investment styles, and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance each quarter.
- Manage and produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data, in support of consulting colleagues.
- Manage and assist in producing quarterly presentations that will review the general state of the economy, stock/bond market performances both domestically and internationally, economic trends, and changes in regulations affecting investments.
- Collect data needed for quarterly performance reports and analyze the client’s portfolio performance, including performance of each of the funds within the client’s investment options.
- Coordinate the collection of client-specific data from external vendors for reporting.
- Closely examine and monitor developments at investment management firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Play an important role in investment manager searches, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies, and other investment-related activities.
- Attend and participate in quarterly client meetings. Over time meeting responsibilities will increase and Associate will be expected to present specific areas of review (i.e. manager updates, participant trends, and/or manager performance).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Develop your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, and even 1 day off for community service!
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh, Guy Carpenter , Mercer, Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit http://careers.mmc.com/ follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @lifeatmercer or subscribe to BRINK. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.