Posting Date Dec 31, 2020
Job Number 20203389
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Manages all aspects of the company’s contractual agreement(s) with Vendors on behalf of Marriott Information Technology and its business functions with primary responsibility for overseeing the entire contracting lifecycle from leading the competitive bid process through contract negotiations, as well as management of active vendors through termination of the contract. Collaborates with IT business partners, financial managers, and the Vendors. Functions as the contracts’ subject matter expert in manage large complex Telco Agreements
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of Sourcing and Contract Management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/training/certification.
- Management experience Management Certification
- MBA or related graduate degree
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Contract Development and Contract Management
- Contracts for technology products and services adhering to Marriott’s standards in accordance with the contracting process for Third Party vendors to protect Marriott’s interests and get the best value for the company including leading contract negotiations (both legal contract language and pricing), developing negotiating strategies, aligning internal stakeholders on requirements and negotiation positions, managing vendors through negotiations, setting expectations with all stakeholders, drafting contract language in accordance with Marriott policies and standards, and coordinating and scheduling meetings.
- Administer, lead, coordinate and manage the competitive bid process for technology products and services in accordance with Marriott policies.
- Tracks status and milestones of projects within Marriott’s IT contract management system.
- Collaborates with key stakeholder groups to ensure process-related activities address company needs.
- Guards and owns the integrity of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose and pricing is aligned with the terms of the agreement.
- Works to resolve escalated issues.
- Collaborates with Legal, Service Management, Service Delivery and Finance to maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of contracts.
- Modifies contracts as needed.
- Educates stakeholders on the company’s and the Vendor’s obligations within the overall agreement and reports on the status of these obligations.
- Manages issues related to the contract and assists in interpreting the contract as needed.
- Utilizes, and provides input into the continuous improvement and enhancement of, a standard set of IT contracting processes and tools that enable consistent contract development and ongoing management capabilities.
- Solid working knowledge and relationships with all major Service Providers such as IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, KPMG and TCS.
- Display command of a deep understanding of major Outsource agreements.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with regard to detailed Service Provider pricing models and related analysis. Must have expertise with Fixed Price SOW negotiations on Major Outsourcing initiatives
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative, out-of-the-box, solutions to solve complex contractual problems
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a spend in excess of $150m at the Category level utilizing an appropriately documented multi-step sourcing/finance process.
- Be a self-motivated initiator moving projects towards resolution, facilitating needed actions, motivating others, and able to prioritize multiple efforts to deliver on-time results while working under aggressive scheduling.
- Be an effective communicator at all organizational levels using oral and written skills including Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to express analysis, recommendations, and requisite communications in a clear and concise manner.
- Support vendor management in partnership with key internal stakeholders
- Negotiate opportunities with the most value to the company
- Work with discipline partners to understand vendor performance, opportunities and concerns
- Lead and manage vendor management meetings including organizing and scheduling meetings, developing agendas and aligning appropriate stakeholders for same.
- Updates the team as necessary to facilitate the entire team’s understanding of the contract terms and deliverables.
- Facilitates timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize the impact of service disruptions on the organization.
- Contributes to achievement of team objectives and outcomes.
- Ability to manage several complex RFP’s/RFX’s simultaneously while managing day to day contracting workload.
- Demonstrated experience in Negotiations strategy development, planning and execution.
- Managing Compliance with Contractual Terms and Conditions
- Evaluates vendor performance and approves any action plans resulting from critical service performance failures.
- Manages any re-pricing, making use of existing contractual mechanisms for cost/price change.
- Verifies any scope change or extension is commercially optimized using contractual mechanisms.
- Verifies proposals and requests for service responses against contractual terms and conditions (including pricing, proposed charging mechanisms, chargeability of items) as well as proposing if necessary the most appropriate solution for the business unit.
- Functions as an escalation point for any billing issues/disputes.
- Manages negotiations for amendments, contract interpretations, new services and any other issues requiring contractual resolution.
- Participates in benchmarking and mark-to-market activities to monitor Vendor performance against industry standards, as stipulated in the contract.
- Implements and facilitates appropriate audit controls for the Vendor’s processes and invoices in accordance with the process established in the contract.