MAPCO is seeking a Financial Analyst directly reporting to the Manager of Strategic & Financial Planning. This role is a strategic position within the company, responsible for providing management with analysis and information needed to make strategic, operational, and financial decisions. The position requires a person with analytical skills, strong business acumen, with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Prepare and analyze reporting packages on the company financial and operational results for board of directors’ presentation, business review meetings, investor relations releases, and other operational reports.
- Provide ad-hoc financial and operational analysis to management to facilitate strategic decisions. Includes analyzing trends and preparing forecasts.
- Perform financial evaluations on investment projects to support for decision-making on capital initiatives. Analyze the performance of past investment projects.
- Analyze market trends and company network to propose strategic investment plans.
- Benchmark the organization’s performance to market data and economic trends.
- Support management in the development and analysis of the company annual budget.
- Utilize business intelligence tools to develop dashboards and reports.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial concepts such as NPV, IRR and Cash flows.
- Ability to develop financial models and perform in depth analysis.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Regression models to forecast sales/cost.
- Capable of preparing high impact presentations.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of financial statements.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear, to stand, walk, and sit. They are frequently required to bend, squat/stoop, use hands to type data, operate business equipment and dial the telephone, and lift up to 40 pounds. They are on call 24/7 and may work between 50 and 60 hours a week.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.