This position serves to support the Senior Manager of Business Finance within the Olefins & Polyolefins Americas segment, supporting the forecasting, budgeting, and business performance analysis and reporting activities for the Olefins segment. Strong interfaces exist with business management, operations staff groups and within the CFO organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monthly financial modelling for forecast of income statement, balance sheet and cash flows
- Research and resolve general ledger/SAP accounting issues as they relate to properly assigning costs and revenues to cost centers and profit centers
- Monthly financial analysis and ad hoc special business performance analysis
- Quarterly MD&A segment analysis
- Assist with annual budget and long-range planning preparation
- Support business unit working capital management
- Support the enterprise-wide annual benchmark reporting for Solomon Studies
- BA in a financial/business field or relevant experience with minimum five years of financial or business analysis experience preferred. MBA, CPA, CFA or equivalent experience valued.
- Thorough understanding of financial and manufacturing accounting principles and procedures (US GAAP and IFRS), and financial performance indicators (e.g. margin, ROCE).
- Advanced PC skills, including spreadsheets, database, graphics, statistical forecasting, and modeling. Expertise in SAP, BPC and HFM preferred.
- Attention to detail to ensure accounting and financial information is timely, accurate and complete.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as a team member, and achieve results through the contributions of other people within and outside the immediate organization.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston