Requisition ID: 241384
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
Working either within a brand or function (decentralized) or central strategy team (centralized), the Manager of Business Strategy is not limited to planning but reaches far into the implementation and execution of key initiatives.
The Manager of Business Strategy partners with senior leaders to identify, develop, evaluate, prioritize and deliver strategic initiatives across the North American organization across the following areas;
- Luxottica’s brands / functions strategic plan and roadmap
- Business opportunity identification and commercialization – e.g., market entry, new lines of business
- M&A due diligence and integration efforts
- Product and service innovation
- Business intelligence
- Organizational Model Transformation
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, synthesizes and develops perspectives and recommendations on critical business issues using both internal and external sources of information.
- Identifies, assesses, and evaluates new business opportunities, including strategic partnerships, JVs, M&A, etc.
- Develops specific action plans with business leaders in to realize opportunities, address shortfalls, and implement a longer-term corporate vision.
- Proactively identifies, researches, assesses, and prioritizes emerging strategic customer issues and opportunities.
- Provides analytical point support on critical questions in the business.
- Creates executive communication material to assist with trade-off and decision making.
- Helps identify, track, and manage high-visibility corporate projects for the Retail GMs and Function Leaders.
- In cases where testing is required, designs, implements, and supervises field implementation of new programs and ideas.
- MBA (focus on strategy, consulting, retail, consumer)
- 3+ years either; in a commercial business position, or strategy role either with a leading consulting firm or in a corporate strategy team
- Strong analytics & modeling background with ability to interpret analytical findings into relevant, actionable and understandable business insights and actions
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, maturity and good judgement
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Excellent prioritization skills with a clear focus on results
- Ability to combine strategic vision with everyday tactical detail and a strong urge for action
- Experience in a strategy role ideally with a focus on operations, retail, wholesale, or health care
- International exposure (multiple languages and global experiences)
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.