Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst – Warranty Costs to deliver accurate, data-based information and provide sophisticated reporting. This role will play an integral part of the Finance team that directly helps secure the success of the company. The focus of the team is to provide a high degree of financial transparency across the company and facilitate business decision coordination with all departments.
- Track, analyze, and maintain warranty claims and other KPIs through appropriate databases
- Complete and distribute required analysis for monthly financial reviews of warranty activity
- Oversee warranty reserve models and analysis, ensure alignment with Quality and Operations teams
- Support the development and refinement of warranty policies and recovery plans
- Support warranty scorecard / KPIs reporting to drive performance, visibility, management, and improvement on an ongoing basis
- Consolidate and analyze financial data including reconciliations, period-to-period variance analysis, derivation of vehicle cost targets, analyzing cost deviation with variance explanations
- Maintain the warranty status of multiple projects in regular status reports showing budget, forecast, Purchase Request status, Purchase Order status, as well as applicable accounting accrual data
- Develop and refine business case assessments with relevant teams to support Program decisions
- To facilitate operating team alignment and decision making, be able to present data in cohesive reports that provide clear communication and recommendations
- Actively participate with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope. Provide objective business consultancy and financial guidance to the company
- Partner closely with the operating team (including: Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, Program Management, Marketing, and Sales) to understand financial inputs and provide guidance on operating decisions
- Additional ad-hoc assignments and projects supporting departments across the organization including month-end financial reporting, Business Plan development, benchmarking and process analysis
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities for improvement across processes and business functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) – preferred
- Finance analyst experience at an Automotive OEM – required
- At least 5 years’ relevant industry experience, with a minimum of 2 years of financial variance analysis (actuals to forecast comparison) and period-to-period analysis
- Understanding of repair activities and times as well as the basic principles of warranty and claim payment in the automotive industry, including standard and extended warranty plans for vehicles
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills, high level of independent judgment, initiative and creativity to identify and clearly communicate key performance drivers to management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated effective written, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Established ability using SAP and Microsoft Office software with a particularly high proficiency with Excel
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.