Senior Financial Analyst – Global Merchandising Finance
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to partner with functional business partners and business units as a financial subject matter expert in support of core company focus areas. This is accomplished by cross-functional collaboration to convert complex business plans into quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and long range plans; develop and maintain scorecards; develop business cases; and provide proactive analysis, insights, and recommendations to optimize business performance.
To accomplish this, the Senior Analyst must have solid knowledge of financial and business analytics principles. This individual will collaborate with Finance peers to ensure that insights from functional areas and business units are understood and incorporated into work products. Additionally, the Senior Analyst must be able to work effectively within a matrixed organization and demonstrate self-leadership and change agility, as well as the ability to influence and interact with various levels of the organization.
- Facilitates the financial forecasting and planning processes with functional partners and business units that result in quarterly forecast updates, annual plans, and long range plans (2-3 years)
- Collaborate across the business to provide root cause analysis and actionable insights based on financial and non-financial data to functional partners and business units
- Communicates financial and non-financial analysis and insights to leaders by preparing analyses through leveraging multiple data sources; identifying complete, consistent, and actionable insights & recommendations; translating insights into clear, understandable themes
- Develops business cases for key initiatives and major programs by creating robust financial models, tied to a program’s (or initiative’s) strategic narrative; identifying risks to the organization and engaging the business owner in risk mitigation and trade-off conversations; identifying and measuring key trigger points (metrics) that will provide business insight into an initiative’s success (leading and final indicators)
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in finance or analytical role with a public company, public accounting, or related
- Experience in structuring and writing formal documents, developing and delivering group presentations, project planning, and/or cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling
- MBA, CPA, CFA OR CMA
- Previous experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance
- Previous experience with Microstrategy/DART, Business Intelligence Software, IBM TM1 Financial ERP
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.