Full Job Description
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst will oversee the development, evaluation and analysis of the Health Center operating budget; budgets and financial activity for the various affiliates of Lowell Community Health Center. Activities include, but are not limited to: preparation, high-level analysis, supervision and management of the calculation, posting, processing, reconciliation and verification of financial information used in support of accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis.
Lowell Community Health Center (Lowell CHC) is a diverse, community-based health care organization. Our programs have been recognized as national models and LCHC was named one of the top five health centers in the nation for excellence in cultural competency. With a career at Lowell Community Health Center, you will be joining a dynamic team of passionate and talented people.
- Works with Senior Leadership to understand and evaluate financial performance and major financial issues facing the organization.
- Guides financial decisions by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures and evaluating activity relative to budgets, operational targets and other baseline standards.
- Developing Operations/Finance models to track and trend performance.
- Designs and maintains accurate records and databases.
- Analyzes and reports on the status of the Health Center and affiliated entities financial condition by collecting, compiling and reporting on conditions and information supporting financial data.
- Works with various reporting tools and systems used by other Health Center departments, and ensures consistency in reporting with the various systems.
- Ensures the accurate completion of the accounting activities for the affiliated entities of Lowell Community Health Center; affiliated entities to include, but not limited to: LCHC Corp; LCHC NMTC Corporation; LCHC QALICB, LLC; Lowell Master Tenant, LLC, and LCHC Unit B Holder Corporation; manages accounting consolidations and intercompany eliminations used in periodic financial reporting, as required.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve problems when appropriate, and initiates change to prevent future problems.
- Maintains professional competency according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintains a repository of knowledge required to train others including manuals and other materials.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Understands, communicates and explains variance drivers within the business and to help the revenue cycle team in making recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Oversees, ensures the completion of, and in most cases, prepares/compiles required external reporting for Lowell Community Health Center and affiliated entities. These reports include: Medicare Cost Report, Medicaid Cost Report, Bureau of Primary Health Center UDS report, Massachusetts Uniform Financial Report.
- Prepares and presents financial analysis and projections for Health Center capital and operational projects and business planning as needed.
- Reports on weekly and monthly metrics.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Supports the Finance Department in the preparations for the annual audit and tax filing compilation.
- Regularly interfaces and communicates with Managers to ensure clarity of understanding of departmental financial reports and adherence with Health Center operational and financial policies and budgets; provides Managers with budget vs. actual results for their respective departments on a monthly basis.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in industry committees and work groups.
- Assists with other management and budget assignments as required.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Masters of Business Administration, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration AND currently enrolled in a MBA program, required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the management of general ledger, financial reporting, budgeting and audit.
- Experience in the healthcare environment preferred.