Full Job Description
What You Will Do
The Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Program is a year-round educational program that provides students with relevant professional experience while pursuing a graduate degree. Students are able to work with professionals in a variety of career fields while using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. We offer competitive compensation and value the contributions of all team members. Be a part of our very important national security mission by joining the Laboratory today
The Finance and Accounting MBA program is designed for the working professional wanting to continue their education without compromising work experience and career growth opportunities. The program allows individuals to obtain their MBA in 24 months through a hybrid course delivery method while securing an opportunity for a full-time position at Los Alamos National Laboratory with all tuition and fees covered. Upon graduation students may be placed in various positions in the Accounting organization.
The Controller Accounting Division (CNTL-DO) delivers financial products and services in support of the Laboratory’s mission. Our Financial management focus includes the following:
· Perform Work in the Accounting and Administrative Field.
· Integrating processes and systems across the Controller Division.
· Providing quality business processes and systems throughout the Laboratory.
· Partnering with the programs and technical divisions to strengthen our business capabilities.
· Providing stewardship of Laboratory, NNSA and sponsor resources.
· Building alliances with NNSA, DOE, LASO, and the ABQ Service Center.
· Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
· Work as a team member with direction from your mentor.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Provide documentation of acceptance into a graduate program.
· Enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of 6 graduate credit hours per semester (or the equivalent of full time enrollment). All students MUST remain enrolled at their university while working at the Lab during the academic year.
· Have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on 4.0 scale.
· Must earn a B or better in all coursework.
· 2 year work commitment required after completion of program, if regular employment is offered, or full amount of tuition and book costs must be reimbursed.
· Pass a new employment drug test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Features of the Program:
· Tuition and Fees are fully covered.
· Candidates must cover required pre-requisite courses and GMAT fees.
· 36 credit hours over the course of 6 semesters.
· 6 paid working hours for school, weekly.
· Generous comprehensive benefits package, including a 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off).
Education/Experience: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and acceptance into a Graduate Degree Program.
· Experience and/or education in the Business field.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel.
Note to Applicants: As part of the application process, please upload your transcripts, cover letter, and resume.
Where You Will Work
Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our generous benefits package includes:
§ PPO or High Deductible medical insurance with the same large nationwide network
§ Dental and vision insurance
§ Free basic life and disability insurance
§ Paid maternity and parental leave
§ Award-winning 401(k) (6% matching plus 3.5% annually)
§ Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
§ Flexible schedules and time off (paid sick, vacation, and holidays)
§ Onsite gyms and wellness programs
§ Extensive relocation packages (outside a 50 mile radius)
Directive 206.2 – Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2 . Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A.
No Clearance: Position does not require a security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to drug testing and other pre-employment background checks.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served the required period of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the required period of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to Policy Policy P701 for applicant eligibility requirements.
For general program information refer to the Student Programs web page. Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Instructions on How to Activate/Create a LANL Jobs Account:
Follow the instructions below if you have ever had an employee Z number, been a contractor, or received Los Alamos Lab insurance coverage to activate your account:
· Select the Click Here button if you have been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage .
· Please enter only your first and last name and current email address (an email with your validation code will be sent to you) to activate the account currently in our system.
· Enter your validation code as described in the email you receive and complete the 3-page registration form. Your account is now active and you can apply for jobs or save to your basket. Important : Enter the validation code within 15 days to activate your account or your account will be deactivated.
Follow the instructions below if you if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to create an account:
· Select the Register button if you have never been employed with the Lab or received insurance coverage to Create an Account.
· From here, you will establish an account with username and password.
How to Apply: Login to Your Account to Complete the Application Process
· Click the Vacancy Name number (in blue) to view any job’s details.
· Click Apply or Add to Basket to apply later. Tip : To apply for a job or save your basket, you must have a LANL jobs account.
If you experience any technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.