$53,557 – $71,409 a year
Full Job Description
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Lead and will be responsible for several aspects of the financial close cycle. The Senior Accountant will assist with the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations, perform various analytical procedures to assist senior management in evaluating results and provide support for internal and external audits. The Senior Accountant will also lead interactions with other corporate and operational departments to gather and share information and analyses.
- Prepares and reviews the operating expense business cycle activity within the general ledger. Perform various analyses over monthly expenses incurred and accrued.
- Prepares journal entries and related account reconciliations. Ensures accurate and timely coding of amounts recorded. Provides related explanation and analysis.
- Participates in monthly interaction with senior management to evaluate results and performance.
- Continually involved in the monitoring and implementation of enhancements to various technologies used (operating platforms, general ledger, etc.)
- Assists in preparing for quarterly reviews and annual audits, providing information to auditors as necessary and assisting in the resolution of audit inquiries.
- Assist in preparing the returns and managing the deadlines to ensure timely submission of unclaimed property filings.
- Ensure corporate accounting compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 throughout monthly closing and reporting process
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of financial reporting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent concentration
- Masters in Accounting or MBA a plus
- 3 + years of accounting experience
- Significant experience with Excel (pivot tables and vlookup)
- Experience with general ledger and financial reporting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We value our team members and realize the importance of benefits for you and your family.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-Tax and Post -Tax Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts (retail, hotel, food, restaurants, car rental and much more!!)
Salary $53,557 – 71,409
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.