Lockton is the world’s largest privately-owned, independent insurance broker and consultant. Join a company that’s been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Insurance” for nine years running and that has earned a spot on Forbes’ America’s Best Employers list for the past three years.
Lockton Capital Markets is the corporate finance and capital markets division of Lockton. Lockton Capital Markets is a global investment bank that serves as a trusted advisor to the insurance and alternative asset management industries, delivering innovative, high-impact capital solutions for our clients. As an independent structured solutions team, we are uniquely capable of solving a wide range of challenges facing insurers, reinsurers, asset managers, and corporations. As the convergence of alternative capital and insurance continues, we are uniquely positioned to offer the experience and expertise to help guide clients.
This role is for an Associate to join Lockton Capital Markets in New York City.
We offer an entrepreneurial and innovative culture, an accelerated learning environment for motivated individuals, a good work-life balance, and a competitive compensation structure.
Associate at Lockton Capital Markets:
- Analysis, structuring, and modeling of structured finance transactions and structured fixed income products focusing on methods to optimize for the rating agency, regulatory capital, and other similar objectives. Assist in quantitative and qualitative screening and evaluation of investment offerings tailored to the insurance industry.
- Working closely with senior bankers to: structure and place capital-efficient, yield-enhancing assets, structure reinsurance platforms, and complex reinsurance transactions, provide regulatory capital and surplus relief to insurance company clients
- Prepare marketing and new business development presentations.
- Develop written materials such as client presentations, offering memorandums, proposals, engagement letters, term sheets, and legal agreements utilizing Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Coordinate internal resources.
- Work on client projects. Create project timelines and work plans, which entail financial analysis, due diligence, and valuation. Develop and foster client relationships.
- Develop business opportunities and collaborate to execute a final product.
- Liaise with clients. Conduct industry and product research.
- Develop and train junior team members.
- Can work independently, but also collaborate as part of a small team.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA or J.D. optional but a plus.
- Minimum of three years of fixed income transaction structuring/capital markets /corporate finance/structured finance experience.
- Series 7 and 79 or ability to obtain licenses within 120 days.
- Excellent quantitative and modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an effective team player.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate, take initiative, effectively prioritize and meet specific deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership with a desire for continual learning.
- Experience in the insurance industry optional but a plus.