Liquidity Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: LQDT) (“LSI”) is the world’s largest B2B e-commerce marketplace for surplus assets. The Company provides leading corporations, public sector agencies and over 3.7 million registered buyers a transparent, innovative and effective online marketplace platform and integrated services to conduct commerce globally in the $150 billion reverse supply chain market. On behalf of its clients, LSI has completed the sale of over $8.5 billion of surplus in over 500 product categories, including consumer goods, transportation and heavy equipment assets, biopharma, energy and industrial equipment. LSI has been on the forefront of environmental sustainability practices by promoting the re-use and re-sale of used assets for over two decades, diverting over 10 billion pounds of surplus from landfills around the world. The Company is also an incubator for entrepreneurs and small business customers who source value priced inventory and equipment from its marketplaces to build and sustain businesses around the world.
The Company has successfully driven adoption of its solution as a “best practice” in the marketplace and now serves more than 14,000 corporate and government agency sellers and is rapidly approaching annual potential Gross Merchandise Volume (“GMV”) of more than $1 billion. In response to our continued growth, LSI is seeking a talented Sr. Director, FP&A to help us convey our unique value proposition to industry influencers in support of our outreach to executive level decision makers within the Fortune 1000 marketplace.
The Sr. Director, FP&A will spear-head the Company’s financial forecasting and budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by management. This individual will gather, analyze and provide/present value-add information for business groups for support and greater visibility to better manage the business and senior management with insights in support of business decision making.
- Manage budget and quarterly forecasting process, including coordination and analysis of business unit reports and related financial and business reporting commentaries
- Implement, oversee and manage the continued development of the operating plan and modeling tools, and related analysis and business reviews
- Support strategic planning process and any future acquisition analyses
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, capital expenditures, ROI/ROE
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variances
- Monitor costs with reviews of departmental expenses and key business unit expense categories
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Analyze internal business outlook versus street guidance and analyst models
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis, and cost/profitability projects
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Evaluate business requirements for the budgeting and forecasting system and work with the financial systems support team to determine the appropriate solution
- Participate in MD&A Q/K and related disclosures
- The responsibilities for this individual may also include oversight of a Business Unit in a controllership function, which could include, but not limited, the supervision of and or creation and execution of plans to meet the financial goals of the assigned business unit, including top-line growth, cost management, and proper financial accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- The Sr. Director would be responsible for ensuring that the business unit’s finance staff maintains an environment of strict financial discipline and internal controls consistent with those of a best-in-class accounting organization supporting a U.S. publicly-traded company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA desirable
- 5+ years’ experience as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong leadership skills required
- Superior knowledge of Excel; experience with financial modeling
- Oracle PBCS/Hyperion experience preferred.
- Data management & system administration experience preferred
- System implementation experience is a plus
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker, hands-on, inquisitive, collaborative, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members and business units
Liquidity Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.