The CEO provides leadership and direction for the overall operation of the hospital. Plans, directs and coordinates the development of short and long range objectives; is responsible for achieving the organization’s financial and non-financial goals.
- Coordinates the activities of senior executives and works with them to develop short and long range objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that policies are uniformly understood and consistently interpreted and administered.
- Establishes the organization hierarchy and delegates limits of authority to subordinates executives; prescribes the specific limitations of the authority of subordinates regarding policies, contractual commitments, expenditures and personal actions.
- Reviews and approves all financial reports, budgets, managed care contracts and major expenditures; directs, establishes, reviews, and adjusts charges for services; and maintains accreditation and licensure standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organizations, Medicare, Medicaid, state licensure, regulatory agencies, and similar organizations.
- Analyzes operating results of the organization and its principal components relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), Management or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience at the CEO level in a similar sized for-profit, acute-care hospital is required; however, may also consider 3-5 years of COO experience in a larger, for-profit, acute-care hospital.
- Exceptional physician recruitment and relations skills are required.
- Exceptional community and board relations skills are required.
- Exceptional leadership skills and a hands-on visible approach to staff management and interaction are required.
- Exceptional financial acumen and operations management expertise are required.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran