Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world. Join us in defining our world of tomorrow and creating smarter technology for all!
Lenovo is seeking a Global Business Development and Strategy Manager to join our World-Wide ThinkPad Product Business Unit focusing on new innovative computing products with a start-up spirit.
The position would ideally be based at our Headquarters in Morrisville, NC and will be responsible for success of new PC Category for Commercial Solutions spanning ThinkPad and EDU devices. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a global and multicultural team environment and possess the skills to act as a leader cross-functionally.
This role requires working with Partners, Product Managers, Marketing, Geo 4P & Sales team members to develop effective business model and Go to Market strategy. A significant amount of time will be spent in developing compelling, customer centric & E2E solution story to ramp and scale the new Category Sales. The individual must have strong business acumen and engagement skills with ability to influence different stakeholders. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment, will be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and constantly seek ways to invent, improve and simplify.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Partnership engagements to develop joint value proposition and offerings.
- Own, develop and execute Customer-centric Go to Market initiatives & programs
- Develop collaborative relationships with established partners and key ISVs to advance ecosystem for this new Category for enterprise requirements.
- Own and drive the understanding of Ultramobile/5G connected market and customer persona
- Work with Region BM & Sales team to identify and drive new opportunities and routes to market
- Manage Demand Generation & Seed Programs to advance customer evaluations, proof of concepts
- Communicate internally and externally about our partners, joint value proposition and offerings – educating sales teams, marketing teams and channel partners
- Assist in joint collateral development and sales enablement in partnership with our global marketing teams.
Lenovo is a US$50 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 57,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. We are #1 PC company on the planet, BCG’s 50 most innovative companies, and one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world.
Learn more about why it’s great to work at Lenovo – https://www.lenovobenefits.com/why-join-lenovo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales strategy, business development or product management in tech organizations
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to understand and develop strategy
- Self-starter who can manage ambiguity and navigate obstacles. Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong virtual team and extensive cross-group coordination/collaboration and very strong communication and partnership skills
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and long-term, act tactically & takes ownership
- Customer orientation, open & effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. English required.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Flexibility to work in multiple time zones for global coverage
- Flexibility to travel as needed (10-15%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.