Lenovo is proud to offer our Global Future Leaders Program to the best and brightest graduates globally. This program engages high-achieving, driven students by immersing them in the world of a global technology company. In your first two years, you will be able to participate in cross-organization/cross-border rotations where you will transform and grow while engaging with key stakeholders, gaining deep insight into our organization, and developing comprehensive leadership skills as well as technical capabilities while making a global impact. Through customized training, networking, and development initiatives, our goal is to fast-track your growth and support your development to achieve a leadership role by year five.
In this Global Future Leader position, you will act as a Staff Research Engineer on our Lenovo Cloud team within the Advanced Innovation Center (AIC) at Lenovo. In this role you will directly work with engineering teams responsible for Lenovo’s Cloud platform. You’ll be part of a highly dynamic agile software development team and will be involved in the solution design from the conceptual stages through the development cycle and deployments.
You will be highly engaged with design, development, troubleshooting, and debugs for software on Cloud and PC deployed applications. You will apply your knowledge of software system design to execute on software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, enhancements to operating systems and databases. You will team together to build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture. The focus of this role is more on solution design and technical execution, there is also an emphasis on mentoring software development staff and helping with their professional development as the technology expert.
Here’s a bit more of what you’ll do:
- Ensure delivery of high-quality software from your team by setting architecture standards, clean and secured coding practices, utilizing automated unit tests, continuous integration, and code reviews.
- Contribute to the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions using Cloud Native development on AWS and/or Azure public cloud platform.
- Mentor technical resources, run solution reviews, and oversee implementation quality to continue to improve software engineering practices.
- You will regularly discuss short- and long-term architectural objectives and occasionally advise on solutions approach, where applicable.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in Java Application Development & RESTFUL APIs
- Hands on experience in Solution Design and Software Architecture
- 2+ years’ experience in one of the following Cloud-native technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, Microservices, Containers, Ansible, Terraform
- 2+ years’ experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (Postgres, SQL, No-SQL, MongoDB, etc)
- 2+ years’ experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience in an Agile environment
- Nice to have experience in Scaling cloud-native services, performance testing.
Global Future Leaders Program REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or master’s Students graduating between 2020 – 2022 completing a degree in Technology or Business Management disciplines
- GPA: 3.3 minimum
- Visionary spirit with thought leadership with a passion for technology and innovation
- International expertise (study abroad, internships)
- Willingness to work from Beijing-China, Chicago-IL, Raleigh/Durham-NC, or countries in European and Asia Pacific Regions.
- Program Start Date: July 2022, can be flexible based on graduation date
When you join our team, we will provide the opportunity to make an impact and grow your career in a global technology company. Some of the benefits of working at Lenovo include a flexible working environment and generous vacation policy, competitive health, dental and vision coverage, 401K match, various onsite amenities such as fitness and wellness centers, banking, onsite eateries, and much more. Check out our benefits website to learn more! https://www.lenovobenefits.com/
Aren’t ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our university programs and register to attend an upcoming information session or event, please visit: https://ripplematch.com/company/lenovo/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.