The Division Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing reports and models, reviewing financials, and data mining to formulate and deliver fact-based pricing strategies to division leadership. This position will work closely with various department to understand factors impacting the pricing and selling process to develop and implement strategic solutions that drive key operational metrics focused on improving financial results. The Division Business Analyst must possess the intellectual curiosity to actively seek out new areas of potential improvement and drill into the details to find the root cause of a problem, which requires the willingness to question results and assumptions, and an internal drive for continuous improvement.
- Manage overall pricing process including providing recommendations and obtaining approvals on home-by-home pricing and release order and communicating results across the sales organization.
- Recommend price adjustments to Management based on an analysis of historical sales trends, current and future market conditions and the overall market supply and demand dynamic.
- Collaborate with Division lines of business to develop a deep understanding of the process, strategies and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that influence top line Revenue growth.
- Provide revenue management functional expertise and leadership to management team and market sales leaders.
- Provide an objective point of view to complex business and issues based on a deep understanding of data and analytics as well as business principals.
- Regularly translate data, insights, and forecasts into actionable and relevant recommendations by utilizing visualization and/or data analysis tools, presentations and other means to effectively communicate clear and concise recommendations to senior division leadership.
- Track, create, maintain, and analyze data.
- Develop new skills, techniques, and statistical models for predicting future operational results, costs and key performance metrics.
- Consolidate, prepare, and analyze operational data to understand cause and effect relationships and identify and share root causes.
- Oversee day-to-day implementation and analysis of the different initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (business, finance, etc) preferred.
- MBA would be helpful.
- 2 years as a Revenue and/or Pricing Manager, Business analyst or comparable experience preferred.
- Experience in the homebuilding industry would be helpful.
- Experience with business software preferred (Salesforce, JDE, Business Intelligence)
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)