Full Job Description
Coordinator of Operations
221000 – Office of the Dean Business Admin.
Full-Time, 12 months
Grant/Gift Funded (all or a portion)?
If Temporary or Grant Funded, Start Date and End Date
This position is a member of the La Salle School of Business (LSB) team and works closely with the Dean, Associate Dean, and Undergraduate Advising Coordinator. This individual is primarily responsible for maintaining the schedules of the Dean and Associate Dean, correspondence including letters and emails, daily administrative tasks for School of Business faculty (all five academic departments), program directors and students, processing documents for payment pertaining to the School of Business, preparing faculty compensation (for adjunct and full-time faculty overloads) prior to each semester, and assisting with School of Business meetings and events.
The Coordinator of Operations also works closely with the following areas of the University to carry out his or her duties: Provost Office, Admissions, Marketing and Communications, Finance & Administration, Advancement, Advisory Councils, Alumni, and campus visitors (including prospective students and families).
- Work in collaboration with the Dean, Associate Dean and Undergraduate Advising Coordinator. Assist with scheduling meetings (in-person or via Zoom) and daily administrative tasks.
- Monitor operating budget for School of Business Dean’s Office and all other School of Business departments. Keep track of faculty development and conference spending throughout fiscal year.
- Monitor gift and endowment funds pertaining to the School of Business.
- Serve as School of Business representative on University Spend Control Tower Committee; attend meetings and enforce spending pre-approval policies/procedures.
- Ensure payment of all invoices pertaining to the School of Business, as well as faculty reimbursements and stipends.
- Complete monthly statement verification for Dean’s university credit card using CentreSuite software.
- Assist School of Business faculty in all five academic departments and program directors with any administrative requests
- Project management for major LSB events (i.e. Bankers Day, Internal Sales Competition, Beta Gamma Sigma, panels, guest speakers, etc.)
- Manage communication or events for student recruitment in partnership with University Admissions (i.e. retrieving data from Slate software for Chat with the Dean initiative)
- Record minutes at Faculty meetings and Executive Committee/Chairs meetings; upload the minutes to the LSB Canvas web page in a timely manner.
- Assist in the hiring process for new Business faculty and staff using University’s PeopleAdmin software.
- Assist with paperwork to onboard new student workers for the Dean’s Office and BUS 100 Supplemental Instructor (SI) positions.
- Serve as a point of contact for new faculty and staff and gather necessary information (such as CVs, transcripts and contact information) to share with HR and Provost’s Office. Advises base salary for new adjuncts.
- Prepare adjunct and full-time faculty overload compensation prior to the start of each semester: this includes reviewing LSB course schedules, contacting department chairs and program directors to ensure that a complete and accurate list is generated, enter course assignments into University’s Banner system and ensure faculty acknowledgement for Payroll.
- Maintain personnel files for all School of Business staff, full-time faculty and adjuncts.
- Create and maintain email distribution lists and building directory for the LSB Dean’s Office, full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and Executive Committee/Chairs group. Update lists at least once a semester and share with members of LSB as needed.
- Maintain database of faculty activities related to AACSB accreditation using SEDONA and Argos software.
- Coordinate AACSB accreditation reporting during the academic year and visit schedule for peer review team visits.
- Serve as leave report approval proxy for Dean’s direct reports, as well as student worker and SI time sheet approvals.
- Provide support for the School of Business Advisory Council; update member contact information for Dean; take minutes during meetings.
- Coordinate with University IT Office to assist Business faculty and staff with technology issues, and coordinate with Public Safety to address ID access issues for Business faculty, staff or students.
- Work with university’s Facilities Department to coordinate maintenance within School of Business building; maintain School of Business master key and distributes office keys to faculty and staff.
- Make room reservations using University’s online system for events or meetings as requested by LSB faculty or staff.
- Manage the School of Business Instagram account and post event advertisements and photos as requested.
- Manage the digital signage around the School of Business building, adding photos or event advertisements as requested, and communicate with vendors.
- Order office supplies and water cooler refills for School of Business building as needed; do weekly rounds of building floors to assess individual department needs.
- Manage the School of Business Amazon Business Prime account.
- Other duties and assignments as necessary for the management of the School of Business and MBA Programs.
- Function as a team member with other support staff to ensure smooth office operation.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
# of Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience in an
administrative support role
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with video conferencing
such as Zoom
- Strong organizational skills and
attention to detail
- Strong communication and time
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
and independently to satisfy job
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Light lifting of office supplies may be required.
- Typical work hours are 8:30AM – 4:30PM.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application Open Date
Application Close Date
Application Open To
Internal and External Applicants