Kotori Technologies, LLC is looking for a Level 1 Engineer for our Managed Services business. Kotori is a 12+-year-old company that focuses on phenomenal customer relationships and is looking for its newest team member.
If you like learning new things in IT and enjoy drinking knowledge from a fire hose, then look no more! We have ongoing training for our employees. You will be a part of a team of friendly & hard-working co-workers that have the same values as our company. We strive for great customer service and phenomenal IT skill sets in a very fast-paced environment. You will be the first one to answer all incoming calls to Kotori Technologies. This is an in-house position with very few onsite appointments.
One of Kotori’s core values is Never Stop Learning. We push our staff to complete certifications on a bi-annual basis. We will reimburse the cost of certification exams upon successful completion.
Candidates MUST complete the screening requirements to be eligible for consideration. (Phone Interview at submission and any others requested through the process)
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
**Must be a US citizen. Must be a local candidate.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 18 months of IT or related experience.
- A+ Certification
- Network + Certification