Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper Auto is seeking a Market Analyst, to work at our Kemper office in either Dallas, TX or Alpharetta, GA. As a member of the Product Management team, you will be working to drive profit and growth by implementing business and pricing strategies for Kemper’s non-standard auto line of business. Provide State Management with the detailed analysis required to profitably grow the personal lines home and auto insurance products and meet the needs of our customers.
- Ability to work on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Works with team members to research, conduct high-quality analyses, report, and communicate key product performance metrics.
- Research key business data using statistical analysis and data mining to understand historical patterns that can be utilized to improve business performance.
- Recognizes potential system opportunities or issues during data analysis and collaborates with Business Technology partners as appropriate.
- Inclination to take ownership of assigned projects and independently drive for results.
- Executes the development, analysis, maintenance and reporting of performance scorecards.
- Interacts with state insurance regulators.
- Develops the programming of scalable and flexible data reporting and analysis solutions to fulfill the needs of the team.
- Documents programs, queries, and dashboards for reliable future use; automates useful reports and solutions.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Personal Lines Product on key data that informs management`s decisions.
- Partner with Product Managers to develop and maintain a prioritized list of these analyses.
- Provides support to State Managers in a large state or group of small states in the quest for profitable growth
- Interest in product analysis
- Product analysis experience preferred.
- Insurance experience preferred but not required.
- Experience/interest in statistical and business analysis.
- Education equivalent to a college degree in mathematics, statistics, risk management, business, data analytics, actuarial studies or related fields, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with database querying required.
- Experience in SAS, Tableau, SQL, SQL Server, VBA, Access and/or other data and statistical tools desired.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Superb relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- MBA or Master in Data Science preferred but not required.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.