We are seeking a Sr. Associate to help lead project teams in addressing the highest priority issues and solving the most complex challenges facing our senior leadership team.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Asset & Wealth Management Background:
With client assets under supervision of $3.6 trillion and assets under management of $2.6 trillion, J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, liquidity, and multi-asset solutions. It also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
AWM serves client groups globally through two businesses:
- The Asset Management (AM) business serves institutional and retail clients
- The Wealth Management (WM) business serves high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients
The Wealth Management Strategy team (WM Strategy) partners with senior Wealth Management leadership as a trusted advisor to solve their most critical strategic and operational issues. The team is also engaged to address Asset & Wealth Management and Firm-wide topics as needed.
Typical types of engagements include:
- Performing competitive and market sizing analyses, including profiling competitors’ offerings / strategies and identifying factors driving growth or change in industry structure
- Identifying and developing growth strategies, based on identifying customer segments, buying behaviors, and customer value propositions
- Translating growth strategies into operational initiatives, by modeling business decisions, determining cost structures / drivers, and assessing financial impacts
- Defining operating models and addressing related organizational design and governance issues, such as devising coverage models or defining client segments to differentiate service strategies
- Engaging in business-wide or function-wide transformation efforts
- Managing or facilitating inter-LOB or intra-LOB initiatives
- Driving development of key leadership communication and strategy materials (including for Investor Day and annual Operating Committee off-sites)
- Assessing strategic rationale and drivers of value in potential mergers and acquisitions transactions
The team follows a hypothesis-driven, fact-based approach to problem solving. The opportunity to solve critical business problems, coupled with the team’s diversity of perspectives and backgrounds, distinguish WM Strategy from other areas of the Firm. Typical project teams are comprised of 2 to 6 members, most of whom are former management consultants from top consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Strategy&, etc.). Project lengths vary but are usually between 1 to 6 months, depending on complexity, scope, and potential follow-on engagements.
Functions & Responsibilities:
Associates on WM Strategy help drive key projects forward, executing and owning detailed analyses and developing comprehensive presentations related to strategic planning, business improvement and optimization, and other internal consulting initiatives.
Associates collaborate closely with VPs and EDs on the team in conducting analysis and research, and can expect to work extensively with other colleagues across Wealth Management, including front office, product, finance, risk, operations, and technology. They may also manage other junior team members to complete an individual workstream. They are expected to craft and present recommendations to senior leadership and have many opportunities for senior management interaction.
- “Own” a complete workstream end-to-end, leading the thinking around problem-solving approach and framework to solve the issue
- Design, structure, and “own” quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Quickly synthesize and interpret data; develop creative approaches, frameworks, and insights to address key strategic, process, or organizational changes (current and future states)
- Identify major issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact across workstream
- Synthesize impactful findings, develop recommendations, and create material with minor guidance / editing; present recommendations to senior management
- Plan and effectively lead overall interview campaigns, workshops, and focus groups
- Lead select client interviews and working sessions to gather baseline information; independently request needed information and follows up with clients
- Advise and influence client stakeholders on key business decisions and change efforts
- Deliver chapters of senior client presentations, with ability to recognize and address client motivations and concerns
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead one or more workstreams, potentially including managing analysts; escalates issues and risks with proposed solutions
- Develop junior team members informally, including serving as a mentor
- Create work plans and manage expectations and quality standards for own work and potentially that of other junior team members
- 3+ years of experience in a premier management consulting firm or an internal strategy team, or equivalent experience in wealth management industry
- Diverse problem solving experience, with an ability to provide structure in ambiguous situations and apply analytical tools to develop solutions
- Strong client management and executive-level communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- BA/BS from top-tier program required; MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier program preferred
- Financial services background preferred, but not mandatory
- AWM experience recommended
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans