Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions (CMA) is a centralized global function within Global Finance and Business Management which is a component of the Office of the CFO of JPMorgan Chase & Company (JPMC).
CMA works with JPMC’s lines of business and corporate functions to evaluate, structure and execute potential acquisition and divestiture transactions. CMA is also involved with a broad range of non-transaction activities (e.g., M&A market monitoring/research, goodwill impairment testing, contributing to Resolution and Recovery deliverables) and various financial analyses to support strategic projects.
CMA is currently recruiting for an Associate to join us in our mid-town New York location. This role reports directly to the Managing Director and Head of CMA.
This role will be engaged with a wide range of activities including transactions and projects with all of JPMC’s businesses.
As an Associate in CMA, you will partner with JPMC’s various lines of business and be responsible for the analysis and valuation of potential acquisitions and divestiture transactions, as well as strategic projects for JPMC. This role is also quite involved with the CMA activities supporting JPMC’s Resolution and Recovery plans together with other non-transaction activities to support Corporate and line of business strategic projects.
- Prepare analysis and valuation of potential transactions; create/review presentations
- Support preparation of deliverables for JPMC’s Resolution and Recovery plans, including valuations, financial impacts, divestiture process overviews and electronic data room preparation / analyses
- Create, maintain and review financial models and analyses, and assist in creation of company profiles and other presentations
- Prepare and review analysis of other non-deal related activities and ad-hoc financial analysis to support corporate and firm-wide strategic projects
- Lead small projects with limited supervision (and demonstrate capability to lead larger, more complex projects with continued coaching)
- Monitor and evaluate current events, valuation and other financial information on selected institutions and product portfolios (e.g., researching industry segments to identify key trends and competitive dynamics)
- Mentor and support development of Analysts on the CMA team
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA together with a strong interest in financial analysis
- 4+ years experience in finance / investment banking / M&A or related experience together with financial services industry knowledge and strong analytical skills including:
o Extensive financial modeling experience
o Knowledge of DCF and other valuation methodologies
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to conduct thorough, independent research (SEC filings, Factset, SNL, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills, including ability to manage multiple projects / competing priorities in parallel
- Ability to focus on best practices in terms of process, communication and financial analysis, including the ability to focus on details without losing sight of the big pictureJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans