Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings and capital over varying economic scenarios. FP&A operates in close cooperation with firmwide groups in each line of business to prepare management reports and presentations for the Operating Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a liaison between Firm-wide P&A, lines of business, Functional Finance teams and other support teams in order to provide impactful reporting, planning and insightful analyses
- Produce presentations, analysis and supporting materials for key internal clients including senior management; participate and support ad-hoc special projects and requests as needed
- Develop, consolidate and present insightful and robust qualitative and quantitative financial analysis including annual budget, quarterly/monthly forecast variances
- Create, maintain and review financial models and analyses (both recurring and ad-hoc)
- Conduct “deep dive” analyses on key issues impacting client to determine root cause and propose solutions
- Collaborate with business partners across P&A, lines of business and the firm to ensure the timely, accurate and effective delivery of recurring and ad-hoc initiatives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders: firm-wide, Functional Finance and lines of business teams
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting (CFA, CPA, MBA a plus)
- At least 4 years of relevant FP&A experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Sound judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity, strong work ethic, proactive and results-oriented, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must be comfortable with frequently changing priorities
- The ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex concepts and maintain composure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, management, and both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Essbase, Visual Basic and macros
- Ability to navigate multiple data sets and synthesize into cohesive presentation and recommendations
- Detail oriented individual with the ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Team oriented, inquisitive, critical thinker who anticipates questions from internal clients and senior management
- Ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans