J&J Supply Chain Finance is recruiting for a newly created position of Finance Manager FP&A to support SI&D – Enterprise Function. This role will be primarily based in Bridgewater, NJ. Talent based in other NJ/PA J&J campuses will be considered, but travel to Bridgewater NJ will be required based on business needs. Role may require up to 10% domestic/international travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We provide financial leadership to Enterprise Strategy Innovation and Deployment (SI&D). We partner across J&J segments and functions to enable differentiated and reliable Supply Chain performance. SI&D is a Supply Chain innovation engine centered on core capabilities, rather than functions, that uses its breadth of external marketplace and business knowledge, as well as capability synergies, to act as an internal consultancy that gets ahead of the greatest challenges facing our customers, our segments and our SC. SI&D is organized as follows: Digital – manages the digital portfolio, Innovation and Initiatives – manages 3D printing and new sourcing benefits, Strategy and Services – manages program capabilities and oversight through J&J, and Culture performs leadership training and advance education around J&J.
The Finance Manager will lead the FP&A SI&D Team, which consists of a budget of $142MM. The Finance Manager will support FP&A activities focused on quarterly consolidations, reporting & analytics, quarterly forecast submissions, HC reporting, and preparing the annual business plan. Successful completion of these activities includes delivering a high level of customer service to Enterprise Supply Chain finance leadership and various other key partners.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Lead the major forecasting cycles (BP, JU, NU, LTs, Quarterly Update/Close Support and Analytics and Other Ad-Hoc) to ensure execution with excellence and with a bias towards intellectual curiosity and scenario planning
- Prepares and maintains annual financial calendar to provide to all business partners, leads challenge sessions for financial updates, prepares leadership presentations
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place to report financials timely and accurately, driving efficiency and standardization
- Play a critical role in advancing the 3-tier financial model within the Enterprise Supply Chain team and key partners
- Maintain strong partnership with ESC finance leadership to drive value and achieve business and financial targets, understanding key levers and managing risks and opportunities
- Monitor performance of staff against departmental objectives, managing development and coaching
- Manage 2 direct reports
This role offers significant opportunity to:
- Lead internal collaboration with stakeholders across Enterprise Supply Chain, to deliver financial reporting and create innovative solutions
- Shape the future of ESC SI&D Finance as SigniFi initiatives are deployed
- Deliver significant efficiencies and synergies for the Enterprise Supply Chain organization
- Promote a work environment that challenges the status quo, and leads and adapts to change while managing ambiguity
- Gain visibility and exposure to senior leadership across Enterprise Supply Chain Finance, and COE leadership
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance or accounting or any related business is required.
- An advanced degrees or certifications such as a MBA, CPA, CMA, or other applicable certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years finance or accounting experience is required
- Strong knowledge of J&J financial processes & ledger systems is preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience with passion for talent development/people management & developing relationships with business partners across all functions is required.
- Previous experience in shaping & driving Supply Chain and FP&A initiatives and leveraging technology to deliver automated reporting and analytics is highly preferred.
- The ability to autonomously solve problems and influence executives is strongly preferred
- Strong Financial Modeling experience using Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions) is required.
- Experience using Alteryx, Tableau or other automation and visualization tools is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of data relationships, workflows, financial implications of transactions (with a user centric mindset) is required.
- Strong ability to frame business results across all levels of the organization and excellent business communication skills (verbal and written) is required
- Ability to influence/negotiate with senior leadership & operate well in a highly complex, matrixed & ambiguous environment is required.
- This role will be primarily based in Bridgewater, NJ. Talent based in other NJ/PA J&J campuses will be considered, but travel to Bridgewater NJ will be required based on business needs. Role may require up to 10% domestic/international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)