Full Job Description
Sr. Financial Analyst
Requisition #: 2414
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Lutherville, MD
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 31, 2021
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it’s one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you’ll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
The Senior Financial Analyst coordinates, performs, and oversees the budgeting and financial activities related to department, including cost center, departmental and sponsored budgets, revenues (including revenue cycle management), and gift accounts as they related to formal and informal department goals, standards, policies and procedures.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will:
- analyze department financial data
- develop complex reports for forecasting and results analysis
- assist in financial studies and analysis regarding projected changes in
revenues and expenditures
- follow-up on budget variances by investigating causes, identify, and implement solutions
- prepare and monitor, revenue, and expense accruals for monthly financial statements
- prepare management reports to measure and forecast financial performance
- ensure compliance with department and/or agency regulations and restrictions
- meet with cost center managers to discuss financial issues
- regularly participates in a variety of projects such as financial analyses of new programs, and projects institutional costs
- train others in budget related policies and procedures
Requires knowledge of budget processes, corporate finance as it related to all aspects of healthcare which may include the following: budget analysis for health care programs and projects; revenue cycle principles, cost accounting principles; managed care pricing.
Requires analytical ability to development some management, narrative, and statistical reports; monitor, identify and communicate over expenditures to faculty and administrative staff; understand, monitor, and positively impact hospital billing reports.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, or related field. MBA preferred.
Requires minimum five years of experience in finance, preferably in a healthcare setting
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.