GROUP DESCRIPTION: Jefferies Consumer & Retail Group provides a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of sectors, including consumer products, food & beverage, foodservice & restaurants, and retail. The Global Consumer & Retail Group consists of a team of approximately 30 bankers focused on providing services to clients in these industries in North America, Europe and Asia.
POSITION: The Global Consumer & Retail team is looking for an experienced Associate for our Charlotte office to help support the Consumer industry coverage team. This industry vertical is comprised of the Consumer Products and Food & Beverage sectors with many private and public companies worldwide. The candidate will be working closely with senior members of the Consumer Group in a sector with significant M&A, equity and leverage finance deal activity.
- Participate in the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Ability to operate as project / deal team lead, driving the work product and transaction processes.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies’ analyses.
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
- Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence.
- Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching.
- Either (i) an MBA plus 1+ years of investment banking experience as an Associate or (ii) a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus 3+ years of investment banking or consulting experience; relevant advisory and consumer & retail / industry experience will also be considered.
- Experience in consumer & retail, specifically consumer products and/or food & beverage, is a plus, but not mandatory
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
- Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated team player and leader.
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Work Locations: Charlotte 4201 Congress Street Suite 350 Charlotte 28209
Job: Investment Banking
Organization: Investment Banking
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Non-Management
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2021, 8:33:34 PM