Full Job Description
Our Brand :
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, thoughtful and inspired style that reflects the confidence of remarkable women who live life with joy, passion and purpose. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 280 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
The Senior Financial Analyst manages the consolidation of the annual budget and financial forecasting processes.
In this role you will identify areas to improve the effectiveness of financial planning activities, including timelines, tools and methods.
- Updates annual budget and financial forecast processes, including P&L and capital forecasts
- Prepares information for monthly financial reporting package, including P&L and Capital reporting
- Manages Capital request process for the company
- Provides analyses and insights to ensure continuous progress towards profitability and asset management metrics
- Develop reports and gather data to provide analysis and support for tracking of key benchmarks
- Investigate, analyze and present recommendations on various special projects and processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed to understand business performance
- Implement improvements in financial planning activities, partnering with accounting and other FP&A colleagues
- Advanced Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and general ledger functionality
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong analytical skills needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identifying trends and drivers
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment, and continuously evolving to meet changing business needs
- Quick learner and problem solver when faced with new issues or challenges
- Global thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the organization, and achieves consensus; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions and work in a collaborative style
- Creative thinker who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues
- Passion for driving and delivering results and delivering constructive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field; MBA a strong plus
- 4+ years of related, progressive experience in financial planning in a large corporation, preferably in a retail and/or direct-to-consumer business
- Experience with complex financial modeling
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
About Us :
At J.Jill, our success is guided by a culture that values the intrinsic art of creativity and the data science required to drive our future growth. We are collaborative and data-centric, with every associate focused on creating our customer’s unique experience and delivering results through our omnichannel business model. We embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives and consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.