The Analyst will be a member of the operations team responsible for analytical support of the Company’s operations and strategic initiatives. You will serve as a key member of the team responsible for managing data, reports and analytics surrounding the company’s operating functions. This role works with a team that supports the spectrum of operating verticals from field operations, marketing, national leasing and property management support, as well as the national team focused on the expense side of operations including property rehabs, turns, maintenance, and procurement. The Analyst will work closely with stakeholders to develop business intelligence solutions like data visualizations and management dashboards to provide transparency and drive the performance of our operating team. The ideal candidate will integrate and learn the operating processes intimately, improving their ability to provide world-class analytic solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support reporting, analysis and projects as required, including automation of reporting, creation and maintenance of financial and operational dashboards, data visualizations and other ad-hoc data analysis and report creation.
- Identify opportunities to design new and/or refine existing analyses and processes to improve the operational productivity, visibility, and efficiency.
- Participate in and support testing to ensure that project deliverables are completed, and objectives are met.
- Analyze data and identify trends and key findings in both qualitative and quantitative data sets.
- Track macroeconomic and market-specific performance indicators within a real estate market. Assist with collection, synthesis, and modeling of data in support of analysis of strategic initiatives and asset management decisions.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the Company’s management team, market leaders, and investors.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and memoranda presented to the Company’s Executive Committee, Investment Committee and senior leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced degree (MBA, MS, etc.) a plus, but not required. Preferred fields of study include Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, and Finance.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience; financial modeling, business analytics and/or real estate focus preferred.
- Familiarity with data science tools, including coding in Python or R, required.
- Ability to query in SQL required.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools Tableau and Power BI required.
- Familiarity with working AWS or Google Cloud environments preferred.
- Extremely well-developed analytical abilities, including diagnostic analysis and predictive modeling.
- Strong self-initiative, problem solving, and decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate strong self-initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; team-oriented.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; overtime may be required for this position.
Physical and Mental Demands
- This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 20 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking.
- This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office or remote working environments as options
Invitation Homes is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful retaliation. Invitation Homes strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability, marital or familial status, genetic information, military or veteran status, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer), sex (including, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, request for leave, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. This commitment to EEO extends to all areas of employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, participation in company activities, programs, or events, or any other terms or conditions of employment.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and advantages of employment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
Applicants are protected from retaliation for filing a complaint or assisting in the investigation of a complain under this policy. Any questions concerning this policy or complaints about conduct prohibited by this policy should be forwarded to the Ethics Hotline at 877-231-3984 or www.reportlineweb.com/invitationhomes.
To all recruitment agencies: Invitation Homes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Invitation Homes employees. Invitation Homes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.