You will lead INVISTA’s sustainability R&D activities and develop external networks and relationships with academic partners, Koch companies, technology providers and other appropriate sustainability organizations. The role can be be based in Wichita, KS, Kennesaw, GA, or Orange, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Your main responsibility will be to develop and maintain best knowledge of currently accepted and emerging sustainability measures, metrics, methodologies, standards, and tools, and how they may impact INVISTA’s Chemical, Polymer and Fibers businesses. This will include:
- Leading R&D work that scouts for new processes and materials to enable the business to reimagine the product supply chain in a way that shrinks the environmental footprint of our business.
- Working with R&D and Business teams to evaluate sustainability claims on processes and materials claiming new product sustainability attributes, functions and effects.
- Providing critical review and recommendations on emerging sustainability trends for INVISTA and as necessary other Koch companies.
- Providing comprehensive documentation of all sustainability programs including management presentations and provide a consultative service on sustainability to INVISTA and the broader Koch companies where relevant.
- Working cross functionally with internal and external teams (Scientists/Engineers, Commercial, Legal/EHS), including interaction with INVISTA/Koch colleagues in USA and globally.
- Support sustainability initiatives across all INVISTA businesses.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline or closely related
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally (estimate 5%-10% international travel)
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in an entrepreneurial technology environment OR and MBA
What Will Put You Ahead
- PhD in an Engineering or Scientific discipline or closely related
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf