At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Position’s Objective & Summary:
The Senior Analyst / Manager, Corporate Development Financial Analytics acts as business modeler and valuation expert for corporate development initiatives originating from our New Business Development, Strategy, Research, and Venture Capital organizations, working closely with our Advanced Research, Corporate Development and Strategy teams. S/he also serves as a resource to support Senior Leaders engaged in strategic investments across the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a financial analyst focused on evaluating a broad range of growth opportunities for Intuitive in support of Director, Digital & Advanced Imaging and Corporate Development Finance.
- Support internal and external investment (including acquisitions) financial modeling activities across the business.
- Coordinate the strategic investment process (project management, communication, collaboration, authorization, etc.)
- Prepare financial models and valuation analyses in support of strategic and venture capital investments (acquisitions, licenses, equity investments, joint ventures, partnerships, etc.).
- Vet and refine financial models and valuation analyses prepared for business-driven investments.
- Support the financial analysis of early-stage venture investment opportunities, partnering with the venture investing team on diligence and the development of startup financial models, including follow-on forecasts, valuations, liquidation waterfalls, exit projections and investment return analyses.
- Research technologies and organizations to assess strategic fit, value and to inform financial analysis.
- Participate in due diligence efforts with cross-functional teams for material investments and acquisitions.
- Enable the evaluation of transaction structures and terms to optimize value creation.
- Develop board-level presentation materials in support of strategic investments.
- Track and report return on investments made in external organizations and for the venture portfolio.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters/MBA preferred).
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in healthcare / medical device focused consulting, equity research, investment analysis, investment banking, venture capital or corporate development.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to navigate ambiguous circumstances.
- Profound analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Healthcare / medical device industry experience and ability to master our organizational strengths.
- Exceptional business modeling and valuation competence.
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend analyses, diplomatically, on a routine basis.
- This role requires periodic travel to support due diligence efforts and projects.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.