Intuit is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks, TurboTax and Mint, but that is just the start. We are taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile apps. Over 50 million users and seven million small businesses depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology.
This Strategy Manager position will report to the Head of US Sales Strategy and will be instrumental in driving strategy development across all US sales channels. This person will be focused on identifying, evaluating, testing and executing on new approaches to expand our QuickBooks, QuickBooks Accountant and TurboTax offerings though our existing sales channels.
In this role, the Strategy Manager will run special projects end-to-end including developing high-impact solutions, delivering recommendations to senior leadership, and influencing adoption. This role requires adaptability and steady leadership to chart paths into new business territories. This role includes independently developing work plans, determining what data is necessary to address key business questions, performing data analysis, pressure testing results for accuracy, triangulating information when limited data is available, and synthesizing results into executive level detail to effectively influence teams on next steps.
As a Strategy Manager, you will take ownership for significant portions of the US strategy development, and help to identify and champion influencing new growth opportunities for US Sales. Your skill set as a strategist will require defining the highest-priority opportunities from an array of attractive options. You will work closely with sales, marketing and finance partners to execute and oversee rigorous analysis and synthesize the insights in a way that facilitates EVP level decisions. It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization, and be viewed as a team player.
What you’ll bring
- MBA with 2-3+ years of work experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm, or experience in CPG marketing or relevant experiences (e.g. Sales Manager or Product Marketing Manager).
- Sales experience (2-3+ years) across business verticals including consumer, B2B and partner sales channels preferred (SaaS/cloud: VAR, Disti, MSP, ISV, SI, retail, apps stores, etc.).
- Strong Sales, Technical, and Business acumen to understand broad implications
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense.
- Proven problem solving skills. Ability to create a structured approach to problem solving to tackle on open-ended situations, and move swiftly from analysis to a high level recommendation.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage complex projects.
- Have superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and team facilitation skills. Demonstrate the ability to quickly synthesize information, structure a concise, clear presentation of findings to an executive audience, and prioritize issues as appropriate.
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution. Ability and willingness to be a hands-on leader.
- Substantial experience working with matrixed and distributed teams to deliver results in a fast-moving environment.
- Proven success in partnering, influencing, and collaborating internally and externally to establish shared passion and goals.
How you will lead
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations, that are easy to understand
- Be an excellent storyteller, with data, to influence executive buy-in
- Develop a deep understanding and point of view on the current competitive landscape
- Influence without authority, across all level of the US Sales Organization and across Intuit
- Lead, engage, and influence key stakeholders across multiple projects and work streams
- Gather data in through research and interviews, and know what data will be needed
- Lead problem-solving sessions with cross functional partners and connect the dots for others. See and be able to explain the broader picture, for how the work accelerates Intuit’s business objectives and shareholder value.
- Design and conduct tests to assess alternative approaches for solving business challenges and validate the business impact. Proactively recommend what are proposed next steps.
- Write and deliver high-impact executive level presentations and plans
- Work closely with business partners to influence, implement and drive recommendations
- Build relationships and trust while connecting remotely with distributed teams