Offering Program Manager
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an organized, driven, and team-oriented individual who is interested in a senior program management role within IBM Global Technology Services. This individual will coordinate and drive the offering process, from definition to delivery, across a cross-functional team.
The Senior Program Manager assembles and coordinates a cross functional team spanning disciplines from pricing to delivery, architecture to marketing. The program manager ensures that these diverse skills sets, and team members are aligned towards a common goal and objective of defining and delivering a Network as a Service offering. You will oversee aspects from business case modeling, to offering structure, to GDPR compliance, to delivery planning and execution. As the Offering team leader, you will also ensure the team meets decision checkpoints and gains agreement from the cross-functional team leads.
• Lead cross-functional Offering Teams (OT), develop and manage offering release schedules, and communicate status, risks, dependencies, issues, and decisions to teams and executives.
• Work with Portfolio leader to enhance programs in support of the strategic direction of the organization
• Lead the overall program planning, establishing and implementing program processes and controls across Offering Management Lifecycle
• Own and manage the release roadmap. Develop offering release structure that includes major and minor release dates that correspond to BU process milestones
• Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
• Implement and control change management and risk management to ensure offering goals are achieved
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 3+ years’ experience in high tech project management, program management, product management or release management.
• PMP Certified
• Experience in high tech servers, networking, software, services or other datacenter offerings
• Advanced experience with project management tools; ie. Aha!, Trello, Smartsheet, MS Project
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with both technical professionals and executives.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to lead through influence
• An excitement for learning new things
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Exceptional ability to work independently or within a team, particularly cross-functional teams
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.