At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Procurement Services (IPS) delivers Source-to-Procure process expertise to IBM’s external clients as a world-class business process outsourcing (BPO) provider. The Assistant Procurement Process Architect supports the enablement of all technology and process-related activities during the transition from client to IBM of new outsourcing engagements. The Assistant Procurement Process Architect may individually execute or provide support to a team of process subject matter experts to perform process development and process improvement activities. This is an external client-facing / consulting role that requires up to 75% travel to client office location.
- Reviewing and assessing a client’s current state processes, procedures, practices, and policies
- Enablement of SAP Ariba and other e-Procurement tools including upload of supplier enablement files, catalog files, master data, commodity data, etc.
- Developing materials for and conducting a Process Development Workshop based on Design Thinking principles
- Identifying potential Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other procurement transformational opportunities
- Providing process expertise and procurement best practices through all phases of account transitions
- Researching, identifying, documenting, and training internal IBM team about processes and transformational opportunities
- Constructing process and procedure documentation (Desktop Procedures) for activities identified in IBM’s Statement of Work
- Reviewing Desktop Procedures with IBM & client leadership to obtain required approvals before deliverable deadlines and Go-Lives
- Support all levels of e-Procurement software testing as required (e.g., Unit, Integration, & UAT)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 75%
- Familiarity and understanding of procurement processes and best practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing small-to-medium scope projects in an agile environment with multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Excel
- Experience in designing and mapping complex process flows using a flow chart application
- Exposure to SAP Ariba and other e-Procurement systems
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6 Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Proficiency in MS Project and IBM BlueWorks Live
- Prior experience performing external client-facing work
- Experience configuring and utilizing workflow portals such as ServiceNow
- Experience with system design and implementation
- Understanding of procurement transformation opportunities and methodologies including Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive Analytics, Design Thinking, and Agile
- Preferred Work Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; remote employees may be considered dependent on level of relevant experience.