The Finance Professional 2 collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization’s business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization’s short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. Mya involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ideally in finance, accounting or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- Intermediate or advanced level user with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in manipulating financial data for analysis and reporting
- Intermediate or advanced level user with a relational database (Access, Oracle or other)
- Forecasting/budgeting experience
- Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
- MBA or other relevant Master’s Degree
This role will be WAH temporarily. Once Humana begins to return to the office, the expectation is that this role will be an in-office position located in Louisville, KY, Humana Tower.
Scheduled Weekly Hours