Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Honeywell is actively recruiting for a Sr Analyst, Corp Development to join the team in Charlotte, NC- another suitable location is Atlanta, GA.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic M&A leader to work with cross-functional teams to quarterback acquisitions and strategic investments end-to-end, from target identification through post-Close integration execution. This person will work directly with the Director, Corporate Development & M&A to help formulate the business groups inorganic strategy, while developing ongoing relationships with companies with significant future acquisition or partnership potential.
Working under the purview of the Senior Director, Corp Development / M&A, he/she will be responsible for leading/supporting all aspects of acquisition and investment transactions, including joint ventures and alliances, for the promotion of Honeywell’s growth objectives. He/she will be required to work extensively with cross-functional teams in the execution of his/her duties. He/she will provide M&A guidance and process leadership to business segment teams in the field and have relevant contact with the SBG leadership. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with business leaders and M&A leadership to develop comprehensive and dynamic operating financial models
- Translate operating models into comprehensive, multi-scenario valuation analyses using various valuation methodologies including, but not limited to, discounted cash flow, precedent transactions, and public company comparisons
- Synthesize valuation and key metric analytics into concise, easily understood outputs for senior leadership
- Perform ad hoc financial modeling and analyses related to corporate strategic planning and pipeline reviews
Development and Tracking of Acquisition Pipeline:
- Assist business development teams in maintaining and tracking the acquisition pipeline through detailed market research activities and coordination with business leaders.
- Provide regular qualitative and quantitative updates to the businesses on the activity and performance of companies within the acquisition pipeline
Acquisition investment cases, valuation analysis, and due diligence:
- Support business leaders and M&A leadership to in development of investment cases
- Maintain updated operating/deal model throughout the transaction lifecycle to incorporate findings from various functional areas and align with information received and ongoing internal discussions
- Manage the flow of external and internal information during due diligence period by tracking information received, information outstanding, and key decision points
- Participate in management presentations and expert calls and ensure implications are reflected in operating/deal model
- Ensure Honeywell M&A policies and procedures are always complied
- The successful candidate will have at least 3 years in Financial Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, and/or Corporate M&A
- He/she must have direct experience supporting M&A transactions, utilizing strong financial and project management capabilities.
- He/she must be comfortable operating under short timelines with the ability to manage across hierarchical and organizational boundaries
- He/she must have the ability to operate within both small and large teams
Additional functional experience requirements include:
- Superior financial and analytical skills, including valuation methodologies; strong accounting background a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a collaborative/team approach to execution
- Active listener with experience intaking and synthesizing large amounts of information from various sources
- Someone who values generative discovery and discussions and authenticity in all interactions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work within a cross functional team environment and communicate effectively with multiple constituents
- Strong independent work ethic and self-starter
- Ability to travel 30% (when travel restrictions are lifted)
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS, BA or BBA in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline.
- 2-3+ years of Investment Banking, Financial consulting, Private equity, or Corporate M&A utilizing strong analytics, financial and project management capabilities.
- Advanced degree (MBA) from a top-tier school
- Advanced financial analysis certification (i.e. CFA)
- JOB ID: req256960
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.