Sr Manager, Global Marketing – 20123804
Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom’s comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Participate in the development of the long-term growth strategy for Hillrom’s PSS Core Connectivity portfolio, which is a suite of products to transform our portfolio into Smart Platforms by enabling key clinical data to caregivers to advance care Responsibilities include:
- Product portfolio growth strategy incorporating innovation to address market needs and opportunities and achieve robust revenue and market share growth
- Value proposition based on a prioritization of customer needs and our ability to address those needs
- Innovation to expand / strengthen the value proposition and increase Hill-Rom relevance and market share
- New business growth opportunities within or adjacent to our current offerings through a detailed understanding of key market/customer trends and competitor strategies.
- Identify new business growth opportunities within or adjacent to our current offerings through a detailed understanding of key market/customer trends and competitor strategies.
- Assess market potential for the right segment/targets, develop strategic business plan capitalizing on future market needs and opportunities
- Research and analysis of business information to develop an understanding of the industry and competitive environment; stay in tune with any market forces or business drivers that would be influential to future markets
- Clinical research requirements to support the value proposition and product launch activities
- Communication of the strategy and securing buy-in from customers, key industry influencers and Hill-Rom executive leadership.
- Managing relationships with global key opinion leaders to shape market understanding and build advocacy
- Informing of new product development activities to maximize the value of the development pipeline
- Help to drive the global commercial strategy, including:
- Development of the annual global portfolio management plan that comprises strategy, portfolio roadmap, value prop, pricing etc., guidelines to drive regional execution; ensure strong collaboration with regional constituents
- Development and deployment globally relevant marketing programs to achieve the strategy
- Collaboration with regional marketing teams to execute the marketing plan
- Execution of global new product commercialization efforts, including customer segmentation, market development, pricing, go-to-market planning, efforts, in collaboration with regional marketing, product management, and customer solutions marketing
- Governance of regional and country product marketing strategies to ensure alignment with global guidelines
- Solicitation, synthesis, and incorporation of local best practices into global strategy
- Development and tracking of key business performance indicators to identify necessary countermeasure to achieving business/market goals. Responsible to execute countermeasures.
- Coordination with customer solutions marketing teams to ensure alignment and appropriate portfolio representation into overall solutions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, MBA strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in product management and / or marketing in a life sciences corporation (preferably medical device, diagnostics or capital equipment), preferably with at least 3 of those years in an upstream / global, regional, or country marketing capacity at a life sciences corporation
- Demonstrated career progression in previous roles
- Deep and broad marketing capability expertise, including customer insight, marketing strategy, and innovation
- Global experience and perspective
- Proven ability to influence others, including those globally dispersed, in other functions, and in more senior positions
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to facilitate large group meetings to a successful outcome
- Strong multi-tasking ability and comfort with leading initiatives across multiple areas at the same time
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time, including domestic and international
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago, IL
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Posting Entity: Hillrom