Involved in all aspects of upstream corporate finance activities and annual planning process. Serves as liaison with outside financial partners and investors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitates interactions between investors and Hilcorp related to financial information and presentations.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of the annual operational plan.
- Creates corporate financial models and forecasts.
- Creates reports and prepares presentations for banks, bondholders, analysts, rating agencies and partners.
- Prepares presentations for Board of Directors, executives, and other external presentations as needed.
- Monitors investment research and maintains peer data for comparison analysis.
- Provides analysis of capital structure reflecting various financing scenarios.
- Serves as analyst and accounting liaison for the executives, technical asset teams and outside financial partners.
- Facilitates the translation between management reporting and legal entity reporting.
- Supports senior management team on strategic projects and requests.
- Creates and presents clear and concise presentations to senior management.
- Analyzes financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management.
- Prepares special reports and completes special projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for various groups throughout the company including executive, technical employees, and accountants.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of two to three years post undergraduate work experience with concentration in finance, ac counting, or financial reporting
- Comprehends and can apply various valuation techniques.
- Working knowledge of financing products across the entire capital structure.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and other departments.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college ideally with a degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- MBA preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: