Are you looking to work with great people and join a dynamic team of professionals as we help support the mission of the Milton Hershey School? If you answered yes, then consider joining the Finance team at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts as a Senior Analyst, Treasury & Finance!
This position is responsible for maintaining the Company’s long range plan. This position is responsible for assisting with the Company’s year-end audits and the Company’s qualified benefit plan audits and assist in the production of the audited financial statements. This position is responsible for month end closing and analysis related to the Company’s pension and post-retirement benefits, the contributory retirement programs, and the self-insured medical program. Tasks include reconciliation of the aforementioned balance sheet and income statement accounts, as well as comparison to budget. Responsible for quarterly debt covenant reporting to external banks for HE&R and Giant Center as well as analysis and processing of invoices related to Giant Center Debt Service. Responsible for budgeting and year end reporting to auditors related to HE&R and Giant Center debt. This position will perform miscellaneous financial analysis projects and tasks at the request of the Managing Director of Treasury and the Treasurer. Position will work directly with the Managing Director of Treasury, the Director of Finance and Insurance and the Treasurer.
(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Maintain and update the Company long range plan. Responsibilities include updating inputs including but not limited to revenue, ebitda, interest rates, capital spending and depreciation based on Company plans, market conditions and regulatory guidelines. Will prepare multiple “scenarios” to assist with budget, forecast and growth. Will review current and historical financial information to improve financial statement relationships and trend analysis. Will monitor compliance with debt covenants under projected financial scenarios.*
- Assist with the Company’s benefit plan audits and preparation of supporting financial statements and required footnote disclosures.*
- Assist with the Company’s corporate audit, including assistance with preparation of financial statements and footnotes. In addition, assist with the Regional Arena Management (RAM) audit, including review of those balance sheet accounts within the audit scope, ensuring balances are accurate and any required support is included. Preparation of RAM financial statements.*
- Perform forecasting and month end analysis and reconciliation of HE&R benefit plan accounts including pension and post retirement liabilities, self-insured medical liabilities, and 401(k) liabilities. Responsibilities will include review and analysis of the related expense accounts, ensuring proper coding of fees and their accuracy compared to consulting agreements.*
- Perform month end debt service analysis and book related journal entries. Prepare monthly dashboard of hotel tax receipts. Prepare quarterly debt covenant reporting for HE&R and Giant center. Prepare the annual PILOT payment calculation.*
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliation of HE&R merchant fees. Responsibilities will include review and analysis of the fees, ensuring proper coding and their accuracy compared to agreements. Review and analyze communication from all processors of in-bound payments.*
- Budgeting responsibilities to include preparation and analysis of Giant Center and Intermodal debt service, assistance with the self-insured medical, and pension and post retirement expenses. In addition, will be responsible for assisting with budgeting the balance sheet. Throughout the year, monitor actual vs budget results and analyze variances.*
- Perform Ad Hoc Analysis and modeling as needed related to special projects including Company- wide lease analysis, lease vs buy analysis, ROI, IRR, and present value of cash flows.*
- Manage and supervise staff ensuring tasks and deliverables are accurate and timely.*
- Assist with the Company’s energy purchases, including monitoring of monthly expense to budget. Perform monthly analysis of energy consumption. Prepare energy budget by division and attend related project meetings.*
- Assist with the review of various month-end reconciliations, including cash.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of finance or treasury principles, systems and databases. Strong understanding of financial statements.
- MBA/CPA a plus.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Detail-oriented with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must embody HE&R Core Values ( Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer