CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
(MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS)
This position will be home based from or near Denver, Colorado and will require traveling.
DIPLOMA HOLDINGS, INC.
(Parent Company of HB Sealing Products, Inc., dba Hercules Sealing Products)
Diploma is a London based global company specializing in value-add distribution businesses supplying technical products & services in three sectors: Seals, Controls and Life Sciences. Parent company website: www.diplomaplc.com
Diploma has a demonstrated record of growing revenue both organically and inorganically, having acquired more than 50 companies over the last 25 years.
The successful candidate will join a team with active M&A projects and a robust acquisition pipeline. The role will be based out of Denver, Colorado and will report to the SVP of Corporate Development (M&A). The successful candidate will be actively engaged with Diploma leadership and functional experts.
- Acquisition Pipeline
- Develop a strong understanding of the value-add distribution model and key success criteria for a Diploma acquisition
- Leverage internal and external relationships (investment bankers, private equity firms, etc.) to develop the pipeline
- Develop relationships with Diploma business leaders
- Analyze and review market sectors and companies to identify suitable acquisition targets
- Acquisition Process
- Analyze target company financial information and recast into a standard format
- Perform valuation assessments
- Prepare internal investment thesis and business case for select transactions
- Support business, financial, legal, and commercial due diligence
- Assist in negotiation of the purchase agreement
- Governance & Integration Planning
- Work with Diploma’s Company Secretary to ensure governance of transactions
- Collaborate with Diploma business leadership on the planning for acquisition onboarding
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrated end-to-end M&A deal transaction experience with a variety of deal sizes and types
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other – MBA highly preferred
- 3 to 5+ years of experience working in an M&A environment (investment banking, private equity, or active strategic acquirer)
- Strong financial and business acumen, with advanced proficiency developing financial models
- Well organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail
- Pro-active, self-starter and motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders across Diploma’s businesses and with the leaders/owners at target companies