SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services as a Director of Physician Resource Group – Hospital Based Physicians Services (HBP). We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Click here to learn more
What you will do in this role:
The primary responsibilities of the Director of HBP Physician Resource Group includes:
- Serve as the single point of contact to assigned division for all matters related to non-employed and employed physician (PSA) cost, performance, and operations
- Support the entire Company by providing expert advisory and consultative services in a Hospital Based Physician specialty with particular focus on anesthesiology
- Work with facility leadership on establishing or renewing its anesthesia coverage
- oversee a team of onsite Practice Managers for those facilities who have an employed anesthesia program
- Work effectively in a matrixed organization with emphasis on collaboration with team members that bolters the effectiveness of PRG in serving HCA facilities
- Provide tactical and strategic advice in dealing with cost and availability challenges related to physician on-call services and physician administrative services and compensation
- Provide assessment and consulting services for Hospital Based Programs in all HCA facilities
- Assist in engagement planning and execution for Assessments, Negotiations, and RFPs
- Assist in the structuring of Hospital Based coverage models for HCA’s facilities and manage contract negotiations with preferred partners and ensure Professional Services Agreements are consistent with HBP standards
- Supports development of enterprise-wide initiatives that serve to mitigate expense pressures and increase operational effectiveness
- Communicate regularly as required, (weekly, biweekly or monthly for operating reports MORs with the Division and Hospital Leadership. Ensure all internal approvals are achieved prior to contract execution (e.g. FMV, PAWS approval, etc.)
- Collaborates with other cross-functional organizations (GME / OSG / Development) when necessary to advance company goals
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works effectively with preferred partners, serving as liaison to hospital CEOs and Division Leadership to meet the needs of the facility and HCA.
- Helps develop and drive the strategic direction of HBP in conjunction with partners / vendors, Divisions, and Hospitals’ CEOs.
- Interacts on a regular basis with Division and facility leadership to ensure their HBP services and clinical operations needs are met.
- Evaluates and proposes tactics to mitigate on-call and administrative service compensation increases
- Compiles and analyzes regular variance analyses and develops expense mitigation plans
- Works with Divisions’ Leadership, and PRG leadership to identify, recommend, and develop new patient care services for implementation.
- Analyzes hospital systems issues related to the partner/vendor program, provides and drafts recommendations for improvement.
- Assists with audits and evaluations of compliance with clinical guidelines.
- Participates in partner/vendor assessments and annual evaluations when requested.
- Ensures programs adhere to the HCA “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Ensures and maintains effective communications between all levels of personnel.
- Actively seeks opportunities for improvement of A&C materials and processes.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or Nursing is preferred. BS required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Healthcare, preferably in Hospital Based physician services and/or healthcare consulting.
- Effective working knowledge of healthcare systems management for clinical operations.
- Knowledge of hospital based physician services.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements related to clinical practice. Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism, interaction with peers, customers, vendors, etc.
- Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism, interaction with peers, customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel up to 20% when needed.
- Preferable for candidate to live in Nashville, TN area
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Practice Managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.