SHIFT: Work From Home
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Associate Chief Medical Officer (ACMO) provides medical and operational leadership to HCA Clinical Laboratory Stewardship initiatives for the enterprise. This individual partners with operational, technical and clinical executives to execute laboratory stewardship goals while providing direct leadership over division based clinical laboratory teams. They will serve as a liaison between Corporate, Division Laboratory Core Teams, Medical Staff, and Hospital/Division Administration.
- Provides medical management and direct leadership in the oversight and accountability for clinical laboratory stewardship goals in each assigned division
- Lead execution of laboratory services clinical agenda in each assigned division to support growth, quality, and accountability of stewardship goals
- Acts as a liaison between facility CMOs, Division CMOs, Medical Staff, and Pathologists for stewardship initiatives
- Reinforces evidenced-based medicine best practices and adherence to reduction in clinical variation
- Participate in laboratory site assessments and consultations in collaboration with key partners (e.g. President, CLO, Operational AVPs, Laboratory Directors)
- Build and maintain relationships with key corporate and division-level leaders (e.g. Group leadership, Division Stewardship Teams, CMOs, DCMOs, etc.), and key vendor partners across the organization.
- Participates in developing key communication and education for stewardship for enterprise and division team members
- Provide guidance to organizational colleagues that supports successful operationalization and implementation of stewardship initiatives
- Interface with data analytics to help consume data, identify opportunities and develop effective work plans to support enterprise goals
- Engage appropriate teams to develop solution, and execution plan, for identified improvement opportunities.
- Provide input on for growth and improvement in clinical stewardship agenda
- Support IT&S and CPOE project roll outs for stewardship specific initiatives
- Able to assimilate information from a variety of sources, able to analyze data, make strategic recommendations and execute a course of action for overall improvement in both quality of care and expense management.
- Member of Corporate Laboratory Clinical Committee, supporting the execution of Laboratory Stewardship initiatives in conjunction with medical leadership.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within a team setting and in a variety of functional settings.
- Demonstrated the ability to interact with others, build, and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders with HCA.
- Creates internal customer confidence, committed to increasing customer satisfaction, and managing customer expectations through alignment of key stakeholders
- Demonstrates responsibility for solving customer challenges, ensures commitment to customers by soliciting opinions and ideas from customers for improvement in services.
- Participates and ensures implementation of clinical strategies for laboratory
- Evaluates, interprets and provides recommendations around key laboratory metrics’Support clinical metric development and implementation in divisions
- MD/DO required with active license within at least one US state
- Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Prior experience in leadership role with demonstrated success in managing people and complex processes
- At least 5 years of prior clinical practice
- Prior executive leadership within a large health care system preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to build trust and acts with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion and mutual respect
- Excellent interpersonal skills and executive presence with senior-most organizational and physician leaders
- Capable of working effectively within a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and note trends.
- Exhibits teamwork skills and abilities.
- Good process assessment, analytical, and planning skills and be able to multi-task proficiently and exhibit good decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates strong and inspiring communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets and word-processing applications
- Committed to operational and clinical excellence and wants to see facilities and division teams reach the same level of commitment. Looks at all aspects for potential process improvement opportunity, even if not operations.
- Travel up to 30% of the time
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our leaders. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.