As determined by the HBI Audit Plan, perform financial internal audits assessing the accuracy of financial information and quality of internal controls in various areas of the company. Assist in planning and performance of operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects as requested.
- Assists in the planning and performance of financial audits, operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects.
- Performs audit work in a thorough, complete manner and in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, and IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and HBI Internal Audit Policies.
- Performs special project work under Audit Services Management instruction and supervision.
- Effectively communicates audit observations and recommendations via update meetings and closing conferences with appropriate management personnel.
- Assists in the preparation of the Executive Summary, Detailed Audit Report, and other audit deliverables based on results of audit fieldwork.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of all HBI business lines. Leverage ideas from other reviews and co-workers to provide value-added recommendations and best practices to others.
- Demonstrates teamwork by responsively collaborating with the audit team, sharing information and ideas, proactively seeking and accepting constructive feedback and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Demonstrates integrity with interaction among HBI personnel and peers. Acts as a positive and enthusiastic role model for peers.
- Works and communicates effectively with multi-cultural, global team members and business partners.
- Identifies self-development needs and seeks opportunities to work on areas that will further develop skills.
- Works with team members to develop, document, and/or run data analytics procedures (using automated tools as deemed necessary)
I. Minimum qualifications required to fulfill the responsibilities in an acceptable manner
- Education/Degrees: Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or relevant Masters studies, desirable, but not required
- Certificates/Licenses: CPA or CIA desirable, but not required
- Special Skills: Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards; Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
- Years/type of experience: 0-2 years of applicable experience (financial, accounting, and/or audit)
- Required travel: Willingness and capable to travel within the US and internationally (up to 25%)
II. Preferred experience, skills, and education that is not required for job but beneficial to role
Foreign language skills such as Spanish, French, German, Vietnamese or Chinese
(Mandarin) very desirable
III. Competencies or behavioral characteristics required to accomplish primary accountabilities of job.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships – Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment and independently. Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to successfully multi-task and delegate work when appropriate.
- Communication – Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Financial Acumen – Well-developed analytical skills to review and analyze business operations and to identify accounting and operating opportunities.
- Initiating Action – Flexible with good initiative and creativity. Ambitious, goal-oriented.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: