Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger’s employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
- This person will be responsible for executing, administrating, and analyzing the deployment of Grainger’s product pricing strategies and tactics.
- This role is responsible providing pricing leadership and decision-making support to the GIS Pricing, Sales and Marketing organizations.
- This role is responsible for insightful analysis to business leadership assisting those leaders to understand the drivers of pricing decisions.
- Working under the Manager, Pricing this role helps formulate pricing strategy, conduct detailed cost and price analysis, and drive the implementation of pricing decisions.
- The individual will work in close collaboration with other parts of the organization including Merchandising and Supplier Management, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop models to analyze potential impact of discounting structures on the performance and profitability of targeted customer segments.
- Assist with pricing program administration and review.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand their go-to-market approach and provide guidance as needed.
- Provide proactive analysis to Sales and Customer Service leadership to increase revenue and maintain customer profitability.
- Embed themselves within aligned cross-functional teams and serve as the main point of contact for pricing analysis.
- Partner closely with Pricing Analytics and Finance team to develop reliable forecasting models and program performance metrics.
- Develop reporting and pricing tools to allow field (Sales/Customer Service) to better understand and communicate pricing issues to the customer.
- Develop post analysis and provide recommendations to leadership.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, 3-5 years experience in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Sales, supply chain or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- Proficiency with information systems, including SQL, Teradata, SAP, and Microsoft Office applications. SAS and SPSS knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business strategies including customer requirements, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions.
- Experience in developing financial/pricing analysis and implementing changes based upon analysis.
- Solid leader and self-motivated with proven ability to sustain strong internal partner relationships.
- Capable of gathering external customer knowledge and effectively balance customer needs with those of the business.
- Ability to manage change and influence others in order to reach stated objectives. Proven relationship-building skills to get desired results.
- Excellent communication and business writing skills. Ability to determine the appropriate amount of detail gained in research in order to present findings in an accurate, methodical, and concise manner.
- Good financial and analytical skills. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.