GRAINGER: Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger’s employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
Senior Financial Analysts (SFAs) play a meaningful role in supporting Grainger’s strategy by working cross-functionally to support initiatives that add business value and drive bottom line growth. They deliver high quality business insights that tell the story behind the financials and business operations. SFAs are expected to bring a unique and diverse perspective to the table and contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
SFAs challenge the status quo, enjoy complex challenges, utilize a “Big Thinking” approach, and relentlessly seek creative solutions to help Grainger’s customers keep their operations running and their people safe.
Top Reasons to work at Grainger:
- -Cross-Functional exposure to other divisions and senior leadership
- -Heavy involvement in developing business processes, such as: compensation structure, seller investment, transportation negotiations, etc. and making key business growth decisions
- -Opportunity to drive business decisions that truly impact our customers and Grainger’s bottom line
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- -Drive continuous improvement by automating, refining, and implementing processes, tools, and deliverables both within Finance and supporting business functions.
- -Develop complex modeling solutions, analysis and reporting to support strategic initiatives
- -Guide functional business partners to ensure sound financial decisions. Responsible for applicable financial metrics that impact Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow performance.
- -Dive deep and understand the upstream and downstream effects of business decisions
- -Using a controllership mindset in creating clear and transparent financial analysis on the health of the business; understanding end-to-end process, standard work and controls
- -Assess risks and opportunities and identify key operational and financial issues to be addressed. Provide recommendations and influence business decisions, which include presentations to senior management.
- -Assist in preparation of annual budget, quarterly and long-range forecasts.
- -Review monthly results and provide insights to aligned business partners
Major functions supported include but are not limited to:
- -North American Sales and Services
- -Merchandising and Supplier Management
- -Marketing and Corporate Strategy
- -Global Supply Chain
- -Global Enterprise Systems
- -Digital Architecture and Operations
- -Branches and Contact Centers
- -Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
- -Investor Relations
- -Support Services (Human Resources, Finance and Financial Services, Real Estate, Legal, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
- -Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or an MBA
- -3+ years of experience in problem solving, which may include any forms of analysis beyond corporate financial analysis. Examples include but are not limited to: financial modeling, profitability analysis, Discounted Cash Flow/NPV, financial statement analysis, investment/ratio analysis, statistical or predictive analytics, data mining, risk identification, business valuation, etc.
- -Intellectual curiosity and drive to learn about different areas of the business, as well as a desire to strengthen financial acumen through diverse experiences and opportunities
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand the details and effectively story-tell to Senior Management
- -Solid analytical experience working with high volumes of data
- -Effective cross-functional collaboration with business partners and the entire Finance team (FP&A, Controllership, Internal Audit, etc.)
- -Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and influence decision making
- -Agility and flexibility to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- -Outstanding work ethic, team-oriented and customer-focused
- -Strong financial acumen and experience in relevant financial analysis, modeling and analytics
- -Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP and Teradata preferred.