Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in management consulting, technology-focused corporate strategy function, corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Relevant relationships and contacts in the technology industry and community.
- Ability to think end-to-end, to manage long-term projects, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent project management, analytical, modeling and problem-solving skills.
About the job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be.
The Corporate Development team drives Google’s worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, scouting and strategy specialists, and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Structure complex problems, gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously, and deliver insights and recommendations to executive teams.
- Stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate agreement opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential mergers and acquisitions, or investment opportunities via personal and event networking, technology meet-ups, cold outreach, and industry research. Build connections with investor and start-up ecosystems, and industry experts.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.