Full Job Description
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking a Financial Investment Professional who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
We are seeking a Financial Investment Professional (FIP) who will provide support to PWAs in the implementation of new client accounts and ongoing portfolio analysis and servicing of existing clients. This is meant to be a longer-term role where you will work closely with PWAs and their clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- “Chief Operation Officer” and “Chief Investment Officer of the PWM team
- Primary point of contact for select client relationships
- Resource to multiple PWAs in supporting client relationships for the team
- Conduct portfolio level analysis, including asset allocations and portfolio performance review presentations, as well as prepare client presentation.
- Assist in the management (implementation and rebalancing) of client investment portfolios across global fixed income, equity and alternative investments.
- Implement large-scale tactical and strategic asset allocation changes
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting PWM clients including Operations, Performance, and Compliance
- Lead or participate in cross-functional group projects to improve quality and efficiency within the team
- Execute equity, derivative, fixed income and mutual fund trades
- Monitor equity and fixed income markets
- Assist on projects related to team operations, new business development, strategic planning, product development and other marketing infrastructure issues
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Strong financial modeling and presentation skills
- Series 7 and 63 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
- 5+ years of investment management, investment banking or comparable experience
- CPA, JD, or MBA degrees welcome, but not required
- Strong leadership skills and record of demonstrated achievement
- Experience working within a large professional services firm of Fortune 500 organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity