Responsible for understanding, documenting and supporting compliance of Bath Iron Works (BIW) key financial processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) regulations. The position will also manage finance business processes related BIWs capital expenditure program.
This position will report to the Manager of Financial Control and Compliance. The position will interface with all levels of BIW personnel, GD Corporate personnel, and Government representatives in support of compliance reviews, Sarbanes Oxley activities, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits and special studies. Ability to interact effectively with Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Defense Contract Audit Agency and other government agencies is critical. Development of strong interpersonal and project management skills will lead to the successful completion of all responsibilities. With some supervision, the Finance Sr. Specialist will be expected to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Support the audits of business system reviews, incurred cost submissions, forward pricing rates, bids and proposals price, and all other financial-related FAR requirements
- Perform evaluation of internal controls to determine if company is in compliance with current policy, determine if current policies and procedures are adequate and identify areas of risk
- Support BIW Sarbanes Oxley program and reporting
- Perform evaluation of company compliance with Cost Accounting Standards and related regulatory requirements
- Maintain CAS Disclosure Statement to ensure it is current and adequately describes BIW’s government accounting practices
- Support requests for information from government representatives in connection with DCAA audits
- Respond to requests for information from GD, senior management and other sources.
- Administer capital expenditure evaluation and approval process
- Perform other analysis as assigned (lease vs. buy, project ROI evaluation, etc).
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business, preferably in finance, accounting, or economics required
- Advanced degrees or certifications (MBA, CPA, CIA) are preferred, or supplemented by additional years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of finance related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal contracting regulations (FAR, DFAR and CAS) is preferred.
- Strong personal computer skills are required, specifically Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Previous experience working for a Department of Defense contractor is beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of BIW management and employees as well as Government representatives.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of projects at the same time, while ensuring deadlines and goals are met.
- Reliance to protect business and employee highly sensitive data and information
- Moderate overtime with occasional high levels requiring flexible work schedule