GATX: Who are we?
We are known worldwide as a leader in leasing transportation assets and control one of the largest railcar fleets in the world. The key to our long-term growth and success is attracting and retaining the most talented people from around the world.
We seek individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Analyst, International role will support various Rail International Business Development efforts for GATX Rail Europe (GRE), GATX India Private Limited (GIPL), and GATX Rail Vostok/Russia (GRV), along with Trifleet Leasing. This role provides an opportunity to be a key contributor in GATX’s efforts to gain leadership in major global markets and enhance global cross-functional interactions and collaboration between Chicago and the international teams.
The position will support corporate development initiatives to improve global coordination efforts resulting in more effective methods of sharing best-practices, improved communication, and consistent processes. Additional responsibilities will include supporting complex project work streams related to industry research and risk analyses, M&A opportunities, and organic growth and investment opportunities.
What are your key activities?
- Lead international performance reporting
- Optimize global processes for developing and reconciling results from various international entities and functional areas including accounting, commercial, and marketing. Analyze changes in performance results and communicate KPIs in performance reports and presentations to internal stakeholders including senior management and the board of directors.
- Support strategic growth and development
- Participate in critical projects related to the long-term sustainable growth and diversification of the Rail International and Trifleet businesses, including but not limited to, analyzing country, industry, asset type, and customer attractiveness to improve strategic plans and identify investment targets.
- Assist the execution of identified investment and M&A opportunities
- Participate in the development of pricing assumptions, deal structuring, economic analyses, and investment approvals to help drive new and secondary market growth. Leverage relationships across GATX to collect and synthesize stakeholder views and relevant data/materials.
- Support ad hoc projects and initiatives
- In collaboration with Rail International management, develop and implement global coordination project(s) to more effectively share ideas and best-practices, improve cross-functional and cross-country communication, and establish support responsibilities across the organization.
What is required of you?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of finance experience
- A strong track record of managing cross-functional projects with prior exposure to international projects and/or investments
What are we looking for?
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and experience.
- Self-motivated and performs well with ambiguity.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to effectively collaborate with others who are not direct reports.
- Ability to identify issues, risks, and areas for improvement and independently formulate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all organizational levels.
- Focused on managing to measurable outcomes on specific timelines.
- Ability to work in multicultural project teams with members located in different countries.
- High energy, high integrity, and strong work ethic with comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, writing, and oral presentation skills.
Other things to note:
- Travel up to 10% of the time. Specific projects may require travel for extended visits to Europe or India.
- May require occasional non-standard working hours due to differences in time zones
GATX embraces diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.