Gannett Fleming’s Accounting team is looking for a strong Government Contracts Specialist in Washington, D.C, Fairfax, VA, Baltimore, MD, or our Camp Hill, PA headquarters. Join our team!
As a Government Contracts Specialist, you will be responsible for researching, interpreting, and understanding client and contract requirements, government regulations, and audit policies.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Research federal, state, and municipal government procurement regulations, cost principles and audit policies
- Coordinate, develop and submit incurred costs proposals, financial and overhead rate information to government agencies
- Provide internal support for cost/price proposals and prequalification submittals to government agencies and commercial clients
- Develop overhead rates and rate projections for government contract pricing and billing
- Provide information about the Company’s policies and practices to government auditors and procurement personnel
- Coordinate and participates in government agency incurred cost and pre-award audits
- Work both independently and as part of a team to produce quality work and provide outstanding service to internal customers
- Perform cost and expense analysis and statistical sampling
- Contribute ideas to improve internal processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, CMA, CIA, CPMC, CFCM), or MBA degree preferred but not required
- More than five years of accounting experience in a government contracting environment preferred
- Knowledge of project cost accounting and federal cost accounting principles, including allowability of costs under government contracts required
- Experience with internal control, accounting principles, and government regulations including GAAP, FAR, CAS & JTR required
- Working knowledge of the AASHTO Audit Guide preferred but not required
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local candidates will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Washington D.C.; Fairfax, VA; Baltimore, MD; Camp Hill, PA
Working Hours: 8-5
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2020-7044