What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will lead a team of analysts to provide financial insights and drive strategic initiatives across all areas of the organization. The ideal FP&A Manager will bring advanced analytical and quantitative disciplines, ability to construct financial models for complex business questions, mature judgement and proactive communication.
- Identify business opportunities and drive improvement through rigorous analysis.
- Responsible for disciplined budget and forecast, long range planning, evaluation of new and existing business, competitive benchmarking, recurring and ad-hoc deliverables, process improvement and efficiency, and talent management and development.
- Leverage financial and operational analyses to assist in strategic decision making.
- Lead and develop a team of high performing financial analysts, mentor them on career development, prioritize and guide projects to a timely completion, thoroughly review all deliverables for accuracy.
- Assist with modeling the financial impact of changes to product offering, fleet strategy, route network, flight schedules, and labor strategy. Capture the entirety of financial implications across the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Evaluate the company’s financial and operational performance across a broad range of metrics and Key Performance Indicators; benchmark Frontier’s performance and strategy against competing airlines and best practices to identify business or market-based opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization acting as a trusted financial advisor, enhance financial awareness and offer guidance in setting business priorities.
- Build relationships with the Accounting team to monitor actuals and identify trends arising in the financials.
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization.
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; prefer degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (corporate finance, strategy, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a corporate finance setting required
- Industry knowledge and prior airline experience is beneficial
- Proven experience presenting information to all levels of management including C-suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced analytical and technical finance skills
- Dedicated work-ethic, personal and professional integrity, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses for self and team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Comfortable working autonomously and in guiding team of financial analysts to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Dynamics 365, Power BI, Anaplan and other software tools used for data mining and analysis
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier