Full Job Description
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Are you someone who has experience in supplier contingency planning and monitoring? Do you have a thorough understanding of mitigating supplier risks in the financial, reputational, cyber, governance, and regulatory domains? Do you not only understand or have a passion to learn more about these processes but also demonstrate a track record of making things better through process design and improvement strategies? If you have these skills as well as knowledge of supplier risk management best practices and are interested in rolling-out best-in-class supplier contingency planning and monitoring program, then please apply to join Freddie Mac’s growing Enterprise Supply Chain team as our newest Supplier Contingency Planning and Monitoring Analyst!
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
Apply now and learn more about our benefits and why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
The Supplier Contingency Planning and Monitoring role is pivotal in ensuring business continuity in the event of supply chain disruption and potential supplier risks are mitigated prior to contract award and monitored throughout the entire supplier lifecycle.
Gather analytics to develop a supplier contingency plan using a risk-based approach to anticipate potential disruption events and create alternative courses of action. Provide key supplier risk insights for our internal business partners regarding their suppliers to facilitate continuous monitoring. Identify areas with risk exposure and mitigate third/fourth party supplier risks for Freddie Mac.
- Bachelor’s degree with Information Risk/Compliance, Finance, Economics Audit, or Technology background; Master’s degree, or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in Risk Management, Supply Chain, Audit, Compliance, or Underwriting, or a similar function in a regulated financial services organization
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Highly organized to maintain, review, and validate supplier evaluations to provide a holistic picture of the risks posed by engaging 3rd party suppliers
- Effective prioritization by balancing detail with response time to ensure we are meeting both quality and timing commitments
- Build, analyze, and coordinate the reporting of supplier segmentation and evaluation metrics throughout a supplier’s lifecycle
- Continuous improvement approach that drives for best-in-class performance with a holistic view of process, technology, and data
- Experience reviewing financial metrics to evaluate a company’s financial health and stability
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (including listening, written and oral communication), work well in a team environment, able to work in diverse environments, and enforce to ethical standards
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, automation, and improving processes
- Experience providing detailed analytics and summary reporting of key risk metrics
- Ability to translate supply chain analytics into meaningful recommendations
- Ability to parse contractual and policy documentation quickly and effectively
- Applies critical thinking and professional judgement to determine supplier risks and appropriate actions to mitigate associated risks
- Capable of analyzing information and building visualizations that summarize key metrics and insights
- Strong analytical attitude and determined to solve problems by developing creative solutions
- Ability to lead, influence, collaborate, and partner with Enterprise leaders, business stakeholders, and third-party suppliers to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Experience developing strategies, leading initiatives and delivering results in a complex environment
- Experience developing contingency planning, business continuity/resiliency or performing segmentation using a risk-based approach
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Corporate Services